1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets New Alternate Uniforms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rlivz, Sep 14, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No, in the new (seemingly less offensive) cut they're using for the main unis. It looks like the sleeve/armhole areas are more normal looking -- I would love to have a K&M alternate in that new cut.

2. bmd

bmd Member

I'm going to reserve judgement until we've seen them being worn. A grainy photo of a digital mock-up might not leave the best impression.

3. bmd

bmd Member

I'm not positive, but I think the new cut is the same cut from the ketchup and mustard alternates. Those have always had a much narrower shoulder than the regular uniforms:

Wide cut:
    [​IMG]

Thinner cut:
    [​IMG]

New jersey with thinner cut like the alternate:
    [​IMG]

4. KlutchQT

I def see what you're saying in those pics -- which is weird bc all of the alternates I've purchased fit me like the main uni pictured there. Like, the shoulder part comes out over the top of my shoulders. Maybe I just need Harden arms for this to be a non-issue lol.

5. bmd

bmd Member

lol nah I think the jerseys they sell in stores have a different fit and cut from the authentic jerseys. I'm not sure why they do it like that, but they do.

I assume if you bought the $300 authentic NBA jersey it would be the exact same as the ones the players wear, and it would fit the same.

6. KlutchQT

In that case, my fugly armholes and I will soldier on.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

You have to have the wide cut to do the patrick patterson tuck

[​IMG]

( :| ...I've added nothing)

No, but really, cut does not constitute a jersey change in my opinion. That's bunk. I can't get into "the cut". Give us a real new jersey already!

8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

OH MY GOD
    not sleeves

9. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I'm in the camp with 99% of you that thinks it's ridiculous that we haven't gotten a new primary set yet.

But while I think our current set is in the bottom-3 in the league, the cut might be the biggest problem with it. I figured the change to a standard cut would make them bearable, but I'm not sure if the design is conducive to that cut. Interested to see them unveiled tomorrow.

For example, they still look awkward on Dekker and Harrell (in a different way than before):

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya those double stripes down the armholes are too close together now. les and his yes-staff actually went out of their way to make an already unsightly uniform somehow look even worse..

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The new cut alone makes them look a little better, but you can't just change the cut on a jersey designed for a different cut.

A redesign is about three of four years overdue, especially when we got Harden and especially Howard we should have put a plan in motion to change them by now.

12. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

Got to reserve judgement on those. No doubt a 1.5 inch graphic representation of the design won't do justice to the the live version.

13. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

"Yes-staff"? Are you imagining that Les calling his designers and telling them to "make stripes on the jerseys closer together"? Dude isn't involved in the day-to-day like that.

14. rockets13champs

Its time to give the branding to drake. Htown his 2nd home like james harden

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

les handpicked an asian designer to dream up these asian-inspired color scheme & font uniforms and has chosen to stick with them for over a decade now.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

****ing joke that none of our jerseys will say 'Houston' anymore.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, the new cut is suppose to be the cut from the K & M alternates. That was reported.

God forbid they put clutch city on a jersey designed similarly to those from....CLUTCH CITY!

They could have simply put it on the championship jerseys color scheme. no damage to the throwback license, you keep the alternate you already know fans love and add another fans will surely love.

Makes too much sense, i guess.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

What could that be besides a yellow/gold jersey? We've done the silver jersey before for Christmas but I guess that's another possibility.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The candy cane look for xmas was a good idea. But only for that game.