1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Need New Road Announcers.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 14, 2018.

?

Would you like new road announcers?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bull has been annoying since the beginning. CA is good.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ackerman is vulgar.
    That was painful when he got face-stuffed by the female reporter:
    Ackerman: "You're so close, I can just reach over and tap you on the shoulder."
    She: "Please don't."

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. Rocketsfan3422

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  4. Rocketsfan3422

easy libby, nothing VULGAR about that...

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ackerman doesn't have an announcers voice. Having an announcers voice is important in my opinion

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets Need New Road Announcers.

Der Rabbi and theimpossibles1 like this.
  7. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Why would anyone want someone to sugarcoat the Rockets play when they're struggling? Sound like the type of attitude that bread the whole "safe spaces" colleges adhere to when the students hear something they don't like. OP is not one of those... right?

ramotadab likes this.
  8. aroundtheblock2

It seems like there are very few announcers people do like these days. Maybe it's just the cool thing to do, to hate on every announcer. Ackerman and Bullard do fine, everything else is just being overly nitpicky and petty.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Someone needs to tell Ackerman to start chainsmoking right this minute, until he's got it.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're crazy.

11. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I’ve really enjoyed Bull and Craig. I do understand some people not necessarily liking some of the puns and nicknames they both use, but I think they have good chemistry together and they are pretty honest about the team and the opposing team as well.

I’m ok when Matt/Craig is on the call w/ Bart. I feel like Bart’s a little too quiet and not used to the radio side quite yet but I think he’s gotten better the last few games on radio.

I don’t really understand complaints about their bias. I would say listen to an OKC basketball game with the OKC feed if you want to hear true bias calling. But in general most local calls are slanted towards the team since they are employees of the team. I don’t know if I would love alleged “neutral” national calls every night.

Sometimes you want your play by play announcer and/or analyst be just as frustrated as you when there’s a bad break. They shouldn’t be 100% homers but I rather have that at times then calls like Alberts/Webber on TNT during the Lakers game last Thursday.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. UrbanEnterprise

I really really hate when Ackerman goes "splllaaaassshhhhh"

he sounds stupid as ****

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bullard is fine, but we can use some variety. Have Dikembe Mutombo so some games.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Do you even know what "vulgar" means? Look it up.

15. Rocketsfan3422

Hey, fool....I know what it means, and I know your deviating from your post hoping that I would read the first line of the dictionary....but I know you ment it about him being so called sexual...using a female reporter as an example and him touching her......here is the Vulgar definition the way you intended it to be.... "making explicit and offensive reference to sex or bodily functions; coarse and rude." Get out with your libtard comments and defamation of this mans character. You have no place in these forums trying to tarnish this mans integrity...

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets road announcers compared to the home announcers are good and should stay.

Worrell: From a nostalgia aspect I like him. But he is past prime. Misses names. Time to retire Bill.
    Drexler: One of the WORST in the entire NBA. Cut him immediately. Absolute embarrassment.
    Bullard: Like others said, corny. But non-offensive. So meh.
    Ackerman: The best of the group. Solid. Has good enthusiasm. Will call out bad stuff when warranted.

Rockets really miss Murphy. Someone else that will call BS when needed.

I don't mind my announcers to "lean" towards homerism some. BUT, I want they calling BS when warranted. Treat us as adults, please.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

lol where is this "libby" and "libtard" stuff coming from?
    Ackerman is lowbrow. He generally makes negative comments about people, and I don't enjoy his coarse observations.
    Meanwhile, you are pulling stuff into the discussion from I don't know where. Good luck battling the "libtards," Don Quixote.

Der Rabbi and theimpossibles1 like this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We need new announcers period. Give the old ones a good severance package (oh wait, Tilman's broke).

Hire one well-spoken professional and one respected ex player, preferably someone who played for the Rockets.

Craig has the worst big play lines. Like that Harden crossover on Johnson last year was just cringey.

19. Rocketsfan3422

Don't insinuate that a man is vuglar to woman (aka sexually assaulting or harassing) without substantial evidence. He has always been professional

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CA has been flirting with Michelle since day one.

sirbaihu likes this.