1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets need a POWER forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ricealum, Feb 9, 2001.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

My god,, the Rockets are playing SERIOUS ball, they have won 3 in a row, Dream is playing his ASS off, we have great team chemistry, everybody is having fun, and we are in the thick of a playoff race, YET people are complaining about Mo Taylor, Kenny Thomas, and Cuttino Mobley!? Unbelievable. . .

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

2. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

Hey Pard,

"Alum" is short for alumnus (male singular), alumna (female singular), alumni (male plural), or alumnae (female plural). There is no "n" in the abbreviation, except perhaps in Aggieland. I do like salt on my margaritas, though. :->

You misunderstood me. I agree the Rockets are playing well. Dream is at his best since '99. Francis should be on the All-Star team. I'm just saying that if our flower forwards took a little of the rebounding burden off the guards, we'd give up fewer points while getting more easy buckets on the break.

Does anyone here remember how often the Rockets have won 2-3 straight and thought they were world beaters, only to collapse a game later and lose 3-4 straight? It's no wonder we're a .500 team -- short memories! Saying "look how good we are" while continuing to show fundamental flaws in your game is only going to KEEP us a .500 team.

BTW I didn't give up on the Rockets after that humiliating loss to the Clips, and I'm not pencilling them in to the playoffs now. They still have to prove themselves. I think they can make up the ground and make the playoffs if they keep playing well, but SO FAR they haven't shown themselves capable of that.

------------------
    If you don't remember the ABA, you don't know basketball.

3. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

I don't understand why Carlos Rodgers doesn't play more.

Also, what does everyone think about acquiring AC Green, Miami is reported to have expressed interest, at different times, in Cato, Williams and Rodgers. Not that I am advocating a specific trade formula.

4. Sane

Sane Member

I agree. The Rockets have drafted either exceptionally well, or exceptionally bad. Usually good. But I'd rather kee p Mo than get Webber. Webber is going nowhere but down from here. This is his career-best season. He won't have a better one. On the other hand, Mo, Cat/Jack and Francis will reach their prime at almost the same time. That's why I love Cato and Anderson so much too. How many shots will Cato and Anderson take? That translates into more shots for our Trio. I think we're a perfect, if not better, mold of the current Sixers.

Look:

Cato vs. Ratliff

ratliff was once just as lazy and clumsy as our Cato. In my mind, there's nothing that says there's anytihng ratliff can do that Cato can't do. Block shots and rebound like hell.

Mo vs. Hill

Well, okay, here we have an adavantage. Do you know WHAT Iverson would give to have another scoring option on his team? Mo will eventually become an average rebounder. Hill's defense is better than Mo's right now too.

Anderson vs. Lynch

Carbon copy. Lynch is a better rebounder, but Anderson is a better scorer and 3-point shooter.

Cat vs. Iverson

Ok, advantage Sixers. But other than Iverson, cat will be second to none in this league when he reaches his prime.

Francis vs. Snow

LOL, clearly Francis. Snow is better on D, but who'd to say Francis won't improve HIS D?

Bench:

We have a better one. Definitely.

I tihnk if we keep Mo, a trip, AT LEAST to the WC finals, is a definite possiility...

Rudy rulz....So do the Rockets...We're on the proper path.....No one has more heart than this team.....

------------------

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Lil, that is really good.

Cassell and mobley were both picked after 20. and horry was picked at number 11 and is still having a decent career in LA.

We have been a playoff team every year.

And I would say that Kenny Thomas has done well for a 24 pick(that's right isn't it?)

We also didn't have first round picks for like three years.

Collier has so far outplayed guys picked ahead of him.

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?

6. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Also don't forget about my fella Othella. That is another pick I think has been doing well in the NBA.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

BTW, whoever said Cuttino is 24, he is in fact 26 years old.

He was 23 as a college senior/rookie.

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?

8. Nomar

Nomar Member

I think Anderson is an integral part of the team also. I just dont see him starting. And I just dont see him staying if hes not starting. He just doesnt fit out there as our starting three. Vincent Yarbrough or Terrence Morris would probably be a better fit.

Shandon isnt content in Houston, and he will probaly opt out after this season. My personal feelings.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

9. DJ

DJ Member

Shandon Anderson is also an important part to this team's future. Anderson gives this team versatility. He can score, rebound, play defense and anything else he is asked to do. Anderson can help this team win games in the playoffs with his playoff experience. Anderson participated in 49 playoff games in 3 years with the Utah Jazz. When Anderson was playing with the Jazz in the final round of the playoffs against the Chicago Bulls, he played solid defense against Micheal Jordan and Scottie Pippen. He made it difficult for them to score. He also help them on offense by hitting outside shots and slashing to the rim for the easy shot. I can't wait until Shandon Anderson resigns with us! I hope Shandon Anderson will play for the Houston Rockets for the rest of his NBA career!

------------------