1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets move up to #4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bezzle, Jul 27, 2015.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Heat before Rockets? What is wrong with you today?

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Clearly a heat fan?

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

We should be ahead of Cleveland though.

4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Well, I am not going to convince you otherwise, but I do hope one day you do some research to actually back up your opinions because saying LBJ does not have the same fundamentals as "the greats" means little without backup. Pretty sure stats and analytics disagree with you. Everyone's entitled to his opinions, but it doesn't make them right haha.

#104 pwnyxpress, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. pwnyxpress

You're conflating two separate arguments now, which a lot of people tend to do for some odd reason. Whether LBJ gets more calls to go his way or not is sort of independent and not mutually exclusive of Harden getting or not getting calls to go his way. If anything, your comment about Harden only further bolsters my other point, which is tons of calls are missed in the nba -- it's just hard to officiate properly. It's why a lot of players exaggerate (which I don't consider flopping). So yeah, I would make the same argument that Harden had non-calls go against him...but um, when was I making that argument? lol

And I actually challenge you to find all the instances where Harden got called for pushing off vs. all the times LBJ got called for pushing off...it really doesn't happen all that often for either to have such a call be called on them lol.

LBJ does get away with a lot of travel calls. Don't know if he travels more or less than other players since there aren't memes and youtube vids about other players traveling...but few people would care I imagine. When I watch a game, I see travels quite often. /shrugs, like I said, LBJ is hated/loved and in the media spotlight. His gaffes are going to be publicized more. Doesn't mean he does it more. More vine or youtube vids of X player doing Y is terrible proof of X player actually doing Y more than average, esp. when X player just has tons of eyes and attention on him.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wait till Lebron's athleticism takes a hit you'll be understanding my point then.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I would put the Thunder ahead of the Clippers. After a breakout season, Westbrook alone is a one-man wrecking crew and pair him with a healthy Durant and they are gonna straight up murder people teams in the playoffs.

The Clippers are paper tigers. The offense is more efficient running through Blake than Paul, but that's not gonna happen like ever so we get to see a skilled big man reduced to living off lobs and dunks.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'll go with:

1. Rockets

That's about it.

10. pwnyxpress

Haha I will settle for you telling me what you consider the fundamentals and where LBJ falls short.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He does man... but him being an superior athletic beast makes up for a lot. He has unbelievable speed, agility and quickness for his size.

12. kevmon0

kevmon0 Member

XD didnt we sweep Cavs in regular season with there full squad. I dont post often or at all. but dont turn into ESPN on me please ; ;.

13. Mattician

Mattician Member

Lebron James didn't play in the first game.

Kyrie Irving and Dwight Howard didn't play in the second game.

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

LeBron would get his nuts kicked in the West, literally.

You got Iguodala, Green, Leonard, Allen, and Ariza - all excellent defenders who can lock him down and disrupt his game. A LeBron-led team would struggle to get out of the first round in the West.

15. kevmon0

kevmon0 Member

He also thankfully plays terrible in houston most of the time ^^; yes ge got 36 or 37 in the game he did play in then. Only think id like t say is we are alot stronger than people let us out to be...... and im cool with that unless its ESPN talking.

16. pwnyxpress

Still waiting on your definition of "fundamentals" and where LBJ is lacking.

So far, it sounds like your definition of "fundamentals" is pretty much just shooting...

Which is funny because Kobe, an example you named, has a career FG% of 45.1% and 3pt% of 33.4%, both lower than LBJ's career FG% of 49.6% and 3pt% of 34.2%.

Oh, but that is because LBJ goes into the post so much more! So let's look at the last full season Kobe played before his recent bout of injuries (2013): 78 games played, at 16 ft and out to the 3 pt line (so the long 2), Kobe was 40.2% while LBJ was 44.7%. Career-wise, Kobe is a tad better at 40.6% vs. LBJ at 38.8%, but this is really just for the long 2... I'd hardly call a 1.8% drop at one of the most inefficient shots in bball as clearly lacking in fundamentals, even when relative to one of your listed "greats", esp. since he even shoots the 3 better and closer shots better.

17. pwnyxpress

Considering they did better against GSW than almost all teams in the West, while CLE had two stars/starters injured and out the whole time, I highly doubt they would struggle to get out of the first round in the West...

That being said, I don't personally think such a team would make it to the WCF. But would have a shot.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He also called Kobe more clutch than LBJ which is statistically false. Kobe was pretty bad in clutch shots percentage.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm a Lebron hater and the only thing lacking for Lebron is hair on his head.

He has high bball IQ and has all the fundamental skills. He'll still be really good once his athleticism fades.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Did you know Lebron shot 22 percent from the 3 point line in the 2015 playoffs?