1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Metion in Chad Ford Chat....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFAN3035, Oct 13, 2005.

1. RocketsFAN3035

did not see it posted, but, as always, if it is, lock me up....

Chad Ford: Hey everyone. Thanks for coming. With pre-season games now in full swing, lots to talk about. Let's roll.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James: With Amare Stoudemire injury, how do you see the Western conference teams from 1-4?

Chad Ford: That's a tough one. Clearly the Spurs are No. 1 now ... that's easy. Earlier in the summer I said I thought the Kings would be No. 2. I'm having second thoughts now that the Rockets have picked up Rafer Alston to run the point. They're getting pretty deep. I think it will be some combination of the Kings, Rockets and Nuggets as the top four in the West. I think the Suns can still be a playoff team, even without Amare, but it's not a slam dunk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not much to it, pretty much what most of the BBS posters have been saying

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Record wise, we could be #2. Ranking wise, we can only be #4 if Spurs is #1.

3. harumph

harumph Member

better call the people at Ripley's.... Chad Ford made an intelligent statement!

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The Suns are done without Amare, no legit big man, Brian Grant at PF. Only 2 legit stars left in Nash and Marion, chemistry problems because they completely revamped this team with lesser talent.

This team is going to disappoint like the Utah Jazz last year. The Suns better hope that Amare comes back 100% or I expect them to fall out of the playoffs.

5. RocketsFAN3035

but it was quickly forgotten by the rest of the chat, especially his last point, where he said that Coach K becoming Team USA basketball coach was a terrible decision (maybe I'm biasied because I'm a Dukie, but what an idiot!) :eek: :mad:

6. Nero

Nero Member

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut ONCE in a while!

;)

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

awesome!!! chad ford is the best sports analysis guy ever!!!

8. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I don't mond people saying the Spurs are clearly number one - we have to prove it on the court if we want to be number one.

But we only finished 8 games behind them last year. It is certainly possible that we end the season with a better record.

I'm really excited about this season. I could see 60+ wins this year.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

exactly, guy says something good about the Rockets, he's great, guy says something bad, he's the worst ever.

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I think he was being sarcastic, or at least I hope he was

11. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Yeah, we had a slow start. But don't forget that Duncan missed a lot of games last year. We have a crack at being the #1 seed, but if I had to lay money on it, I'd still pick the Spurs. For the regular season at least...

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see the Spurs as the easy choice for best record in the West in the regular season. They probably are the best team in the West and will likely with the championship. But, they don't always do as well as I'd think in the regular season. I can see them coming in #2, with some other upstart taking homecourt.

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I wouldn't count on it. Don't forget that they've improved too. Someone mentioned that Duncan missed his fair share of games last year, they would've won more if he hadn't. They're so deep that Poppovich is considering benching Ginobli and Parker an occasional game because they have other players who can handle the load. Can you believe that?

14. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

im sorry, but a amare-less suns team will not make the playoffs. who the hell will play the post for the suns then? i dont care if nash was the mvp last year. he was the mvp b/c he had so many options to pass to. they lost richardson, johnson, and amare for a good porition of the year. i just dont see how they could make the playoffs when the west teams being deep. chad ford = r****ded

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

OMFG!!!! I AM DEAD SERIOUS!! CHAD FORD > JESUS!!!!

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know he was being sarcastic, that's the point I was making.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Great. Chad Ford just doomed our season. Next thing you know we'll be getting shout-outs from Stephen A. Smith.

18. RocketsFAN3035

worse yet, T-Mac, Yao, and Stro will be on the cover of SI's season preview :eek:

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Relax. Yao has been on the cover of SI twice already. And nothing bad has happened to him.... Except for that one time he was hitchhiking after a Neil Diamond concert.

20. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Neil wrote a great song about the incident, though.