1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Media Day 2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

You must not know me ;) seriously though, usually pictures spread like wildfire, all kinds of crazy poses, good interviews, all the guys there, posivity. So far, nothing really positive or exciting coming from the interviews, due to the interviewers partly, and just the whole atmosphere doesn't seem to be there. Must be because they're at the new studio or something.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Also... Kevin Martin could actually be a leader who just hasn't really stepped up yet... I could definitely see him leading if he takes it seriously and if the team embraces it. Team captain?

3. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Lin said in his media interviews today that Kevin Martin is going to be one of the veterans he will be turning to. This is the first time I've really heard anyone mention Martin as being the veteran leader. Most of the other players and McHale seem to keep forgetting about Martin.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont think he wants it. I can't see the team embracing him in that role, knowing he's likely gone this season. Not that they dont like him, but it would be odd. You follow one guy the whole season and then he's gone? We need more stability than that.

5. arjun

arjun Member

thats because jeremy lin tries to be politically correct, humble, and respectful in every comment he makes.

doesn't mean he really means it..lol

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You would hope. But it's hard to lead when you've been forgotten. The guy doesn't even know if he'll be a Rocket by the all-star break. That'll take the wind out of his leadership sails. At least Battier knew the coach loved him and wanted him here. I actually like Martin's game a lot, but he's been a marked man for a year.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Parsons is our Veteran leader now. Him and PPatt, although Parsons has more Gamelog that PPatt... BANG!!!!

IDK... stop judging.

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

If he is still with our team two seasons from now, maybe less, based off his comments to the media, I can't see how Motiejunas doesn't become the leader of this team.

9. jocar

jocar Member

Cmon coach, atleast fake some enthusiasm/optimism!

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that pic is going to be gold this season...

[​IMG]

13. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

All kidding aside, that does not look like consensual bromance.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What else does he expect to happen when he's sleeping over at chandler's place? Chandler wined and dined him first though :p

#75 RV6, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Just because you wine and dine someone DOES NOT give you the right to have your way with them. Brorape is a serious epidemic that should not be made light of. If I were Jeremy Lin, I would watch my back. Like literally watch my back.

17. rocketblood713

What channel are the Rockets gonna be playing on when they start the games ????

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

CSN Houston, Comcast channel 39 and 639.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

Where's Royce?

20. VanityHalfBlack

Lin- You not gonna ruffie me or anything like that are you??

CP- Nah baby, we just gonna go upstairs with some chardonnay/ some Luther Vandross in the background/ just a little southern comfort that's all...

1 person likes this.