1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' McGrady undergoes surgery on shoulder, knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I have listed my reasons several times (you must have either not seen those posts for whatever reason (it's a big board) or are just deliberately being disingenuous like a few other posters in this thread), and countless others have elaborated on those points far better than I could ever hope to. A few one-liners here and there do not negate their existence, nor do they indicate that I am the only person who feels that way.

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Maybe, I' am not going to waste my time searching all of your posts but I've ran into several of your posts that just have one liners or don't really say anything other than "Trade McCancer" or whatever. Like I mentioned before, I have no problem with people criticizing him. I don't think Tracy is perfect. I too see the weaknesses everyone points out but it gets a little ridiculous in here with all the T-Mac hate spam.

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

You can only really appreciate Tmac if you had followed him since his Orlando days. So talented and so gifted, yet so unlucky and occasionally lazy (on defense that is). The media have forgotten how huge Tmac was back in the day, he was the closest thing to a rival to Kobe, even more than Lebron today. It was the closest to the Jordan-Magic / Magic-Bird rivalry feeling, especially during the 2002-2003 season. Its such a waste, the guy really has been unlucky. He lost a close relative or friend for pratically every year, not to mention dealing with chronic back problems, AND carrying the Magics.

But I can imagine why some fans can become frustrated and blame Tmac for lack of success (even though its obviously idiotic to blame it all one man). I do , because every year, its the same thing: huge expectations, the "this is the year" mentality, etc; yet to fall short each time. Maybe Tmac could work a little harder ( I mean more than he has routinely, an extra mile), like warming up and getting to the games a little earlier to work on your shot, etc. But as a team, we've always fallen short by a few calls or a couple of key rebounds. That should prove that its not all on Tmac. Just have a little faith y'all. We just need to draft/ sign one or two key players and hopefully have a healthy duo of Tmac/Yao together in the playoffs.

4. bbjai

bbjai Member

I agree Antisonic has always stated that he dislikes Mcgrady but his only said his reasons in threads that many people have not read. In general he just likes to bag Mcgrady for those reasons which are all valid reasons. But to me it shows poorly on himself. I love it how people say Old Timers don't say things like that or only contributes to conversation in a meaninful manner but Anti Sonic always is the exception to the rule.

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Everyone, and yes, EVERYONE, has been a "bandwaggoner" at one time or another.

When Tracy plays like an MVP, of course everyone will express love towards Mac.

When Tracy and the Rox fail to win a playoff series, Mac always gets the blame, matter if it was Alston who missed the final shot, Landry missing that final rebound, etc.

For instance, the Gay-Battier trade. When it was made, everyone went berserk, and chaos ensued. A year later, everyone was content with the trade, as the Rockets went to the 'offs, although losing in 7 games.

The point is, everyone has been hating/loving the same person at one point during that players stay as a Rocket.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Too bad he rather choose to have Francis over McGrady. That brings the reliability of his reasons down to 0. Because currently, McGrady is better than Francis in every way, and McGrady does not have less "heart" than Francis.

I understand if McGrady pisses some people off. And sure I can understand what AntiSonic feels. But all I know is that he has been following Francis longer than McGrady, so of course he dislikes McGrady especially since Francis was traded for McGrady along with a few other players. But at this stage, I don't think he has the right to spam crap about McGrady when Francis is equally the same or worse.

7. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

sorry for sounding ignorant but what are those "loose particles"?

like chipped bone pieces because of collision
    ?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Basketball players train their ass off and have the least amount of rest. The knee cap is constantly grinding against the bones, reshaping it. Loose particles is probably bone particles grinded off.

Take for example a moon shaped object. Now, imagine fitting an octagon inside the moon shaped object, then start turning the moon shaped object and the octagon. You can imagine McGrady's knees doing that every 1-2 days, for the whole year. The bones grind off.

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

guys have to work really hard to stay in the NBA. It's like king of the hill. There's always a young gun trying to knock you off. If you don't work hard you end up like Eddy Curry or worse Kelvin Cato. Guys with plenty of talent but no work ethic.

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Talking bout the courage, he played all season long with two serious injuries bothering him, good choice for operation indeed, hope for a quick recovery and another chance for a title hopefully without injuries.

11. TiMacManiaa

TiMacManiaa Member

mmm, mcgrady is still our first option...i dont get why people think that yao is...
    i mean yao can't create for himself or others realy..and a C should never be the first option...oh and yao is not there yet

12. magus_Doc

magus_Doc Member

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

this made my day thanks :D

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

How could you forget Kwame Brown ;) . Kwame was chosen by the great MJ himself as a first round pick. He actually brought the wizards help, and he was developing into a really good player.

Why did Kwame have to slack off? He is the first highschooler first round pick in NBA. When Kwame was skinnier (wizards) he was a very destructive player. He had the strength to finish 3 point plays, and good handles with his small hands. But, after going to the Lakers because of his over arrogance, he lost everything. He became fat, so his small hands made things harder for him instead of to his advantage.

Well there are a lot of ifs in NBA. If McGrady never had back spasm in his life, imagine what kinda of player he would be :eek:

14. sook

sook Rookie

No he actually sucked pretty much before that too, when he came into the NBA he actually what a 1st pick would be like, but he was content with his 13 mil a yr as a rookie he played so bad that during one of the playoffs Arenas had a Vid instructing the fans not to boo Kwame like they did before, btw Kwame and arenas hate each other :p

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Actually Kwame began to suck when he started getting a feud with the management and coaches. Thats when fans started booing. But when he first came in the league, he was a good player.

16. sook

sook Rookie

o... :(