1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' McGrady undergoes surgery on shoulder, knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Crush

Crush Rookie

For an appreciation thread people have nothing better to do than clown on Yao & T-mac

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

#82 IROC it, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's good news, of course surgery is surgery, it needs time to recover but it is a GOOD news.

Obviously Tracy played hurt (shoulder) at the end of the season and that he even got the knee pain back. I'm happy he had those surgeries because he needed them. Now it was the best option because he has a long offseason to recover and be sure he is 100% again.

Now at least it minimalizes chances for any setbacks in next season. HEALTH - it is the most important think next season. We wanna have Yao and Tracy together for the WHOLE season and that was a smart move

Get well soon Tracy

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Your second point make it look like Yao is more accident prone vs. injury prone, but when it comes down to it, accident or injury, he has missed a significant part of the last few seasons. At some point it matter less why he is missing time and simply that he's not on the floor so he is totally ineffective. If you wanted to be really critical of Yao's future regading wear and tear, you could possibly surmise that all of Yao's national basketball responsibilities will get to him SOONER rather than LATER.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Wow top 3-5 of all players in the NBA? Look I know your a little bias ( Hence your handle ) But he isn't a top 10 player let alone 3-5.

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Are you serious? Tmac is very talented... he's in the league of kobes, lebrons, and wades.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

When Healthy, yes he is.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Someone has been listening to Morey talk on the radio methinks.

DD

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Check my sig...

And nope... I do not have Morey on any talk radio where I live.

I said this well before Morey came out and said it.

I have my ways. ;)

10. DaDakota

Well done sir.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I agree, he was a top 5 player at one point, when he was on the Magic. He's now a top 20 player, and at 30, thats not so bad considering we do have a top 5 player (when healthy) in Yao.

The only players I would trade Yao for are the 4 players who were nominated for MVP this year.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Where's the DD? :confused: ;)

13. DaDakota

By the way an arthoscopic procedure to repair a strained hamstring?

Doctors are way to eager to cut these days.

DD

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyway, I am glad he had the surgery and it is amazing that he was able to do what he did while playing through the injuries. I'm glad that they did it ASAP instead of pulling a Shaquille, that way he has more time to heal.

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

that's what I was thinking.

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

If you want to argue that then you're going to have to argue that getting your leg caught in a car door is exactly the same as a stress fracture. Clearly they're not. Yao's injuries before this year belong in the category of freak accidents. I don't remember Michael Jordan's career as being particularly injury plagued, but you're arguing that if he slipped and fell while shoveling snow off his driveway two years in a row that the Bulls should have traded him.

17. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Freak accidents or not, Yao has shown the last 3 years that he is injury-prone. Call it bad luck if you want, but the only thing that matters is that the guy can't stay on the basketball court.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

My point is that contact is not exactly unusual in the NBA today. In fact it's pretty much a normal part of play. What concerns me is that T-Mac accumulated contact injuries throughout the season. And those contact injuries don't even include the problems he had that look like they are wear and tear--the labrum tear in his shoulder for example.

Don't forget that there's another issue here: there's a vicious circle when it comes to injuries and the Rockets' two stars. If T-Mac can't play that's going to force Yao to play more minutes, which is going to lead to an increased chance of Yao becoming injured, which is going to force T-Mac to play more minutes when he gets back, which is going to lead to an increased chance for more injuries for T-Mac and on and on.

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

If bad luck's the issue maybe instead of trading him they should bring out the holy water for an exorcism.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's right. Those were contact, normal backetball's injuries.

This game is all about contact. His knee just hit other knee and that's it. Bumped knee, bumped bones.

As for shoulder, he just ran into a pick. It is all about contact and you can't avoid that.

I only hope he will be finally healthly (along with Yao) the whole season (next)