1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' McGrady undergoes surgery on shoulder, knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hakeem was done, I am all about the Rockets and winning.

Tmac has jumped a few notches in my book.....get well soon TMac....

Next year, is truly OUR year.

DD

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

great, that's the kiss of death :)

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Get well Tracy. We are pulling for you.

4. sook

sook Rookie

I am amazed and completely speechless if anyone tries to criticize tracy....to put the numbers he has in this playoff series under those injuries..its well...both remarkable and inspiring. He shot 50% the last 2 games so I am convinced his shot has come back and its scary to believe how good the guy is when completely healthy (04-05 McGrady). I don't know any other star that could play through all of that especially against Utah where he got a good beating physically. Get well Tracy we are praying for the best of health for the entire team next season :( :( :(

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Just saying he doesn't need to change anything because you didn't pick up on it.

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

by the way I noticed that apparently the Rockets sent videos to the league mid way through the series and it conincidentally conincided with Mcgrady shooting better. Was Utah getting called for more things in those games? and letting him shoot more freely?

7. tnopham

tnopham Member

Wrong dude. He had back spasms which are now gone, he bumped knees with someone towards the end of the season, his shoulder got hurt while running into a hard pick. oh and his elbow got jacked up by walton or was it odom? in the lakers game. Do you watch rockets games?

8. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

funniest thing ever

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

No, Yao is not just as unreliable as T-Mac. T-Mac's injuries are related to wear and tear.

1) This is the first year that Yao's had any type of stress/overwork related injury, so you can't logically say that he had stress on his foot "again".

2) If somebody slammed a car door on Yao's leg two years in a row could you seriously argue that he's injury prone? That's pretty much what happened the previous two years with the toe infection and the broken foot.

3) T-Mac's injuries may not be season ending, but it's a likely bet that he'll miss games because of them. It's also a good bet that even in the games he does play he'll be performing at a reduced level.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

So he bumped knees with somebody, he collided with somebody else and that jacked up his elbow. How is that not "normal incidental contact", which is what I wrote in my original post?

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he was playing hurt all along. where are all the haters now?

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It was obvious McGrady was playing hurt. How good or bad he handled it is still up to intrepretation to some...Right after the shoulder thing in March his field goal % went dooooooown bad. He was noticeably unexplosive. And he stopped his early pre-game warmup routine either cuz he got McLazy again, or partly cuz he needed as much in-between rest as possible.

People want tough guy Ron Artest on the team but Artest misses as much games per season as McGrady does.

13. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

It's been obvious that TMac has been hurting for most of the season. I'm glad he sought treatment as soon as he could after his season ended. Hopefully a combination of Yao being healthy and Morey's magic combined can give Tracy what he desperately needs: validation as an NBA superstar by getting deep into the playoffs.

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm just he's getting the surgery done early while there's still a ways to go before the playoffs end. I really hope we can stay healthy for a whole year.

15. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

No, because you have to have a brain first before it can be repaired

16. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

False, both of T-Mac's injuries were contact injuries, not his body breaking down over the 82 game season.

17. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Get well, Tmac!
    Hats off for playing through all the injuries...

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Bring the whole coaching staffs to hospital for surgeries as well!! We need everyone to be healthy next year. Also make sure the rookie that we draft in June get surgery as well! Thanks!

19. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Honestly with all the idiotic hate posts about T-Mac it's hard to sift through the sarcasm and serious posts since they're all equally uncreative.

20. Crush

Crush Rookie

Exactly. The amount of hate in this thread is astounding. i was reminded of the very same thing. The main reason I joined this board, other than following the Rockets, is so that I would be able to put the haters on ignore.

A bunch of posters in this very thread