1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' McGrady undergoes surgery on shoulder, knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Well, sorry, but next time it helps if you insert this :rolleyes: I may have over-reacted, but I'm sure I won't be the only one who thought something otherwise about your statement.

Anyways, I totally agree with everything else you said. Shame on people who think Tmac is using his injuries as an excuse.

2. piggy

piggy Member

Just goes to show what a tough guy he was to play hurt at such a high level. I also appreciate the level of commitment to have surgery immediately after the season. This is unlike knuckleheads that wait until 3 weeks before the season starts.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So true. So often you hear about players that wait barely before preseason starts to have their surgery and thus they don't have to participate in training camp and preseason games.

4. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

can we like put super steel body parts like in the Terminator? lol j/k

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Dr. Tom Clanton needs to name his family yacht after the Rockets.

6. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

As far as I know he's never had surgery before, and you should shut up.

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

See? Told you pmac. I not the only one. Use these :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: next time

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yeah, i'll try.

...but come on, i may not be all on his jock but i thought that the name "pmac" would stop people from thinking i'm a hater.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Tmac, get well soon! :)

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man i need to get some double surgery too. maybe this will inspire me to get it done.

WAR bone spurred elbow

WAR 4th knee surgery

11. Asian Sensation

What's so sarcastic about my post? I was being serious. We need a fully healthy T-mac to succeed.

12. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

:rolleyes: Does not really equal sarcasm

13. snappyd

snappyd Member

It may not guaranteee it, but it can sure help if used wisely. I tend to go for the wink personally.

Since I mention it, is there a wink here? I'm thinking not...

Back on topic, let's hope for a full recovery for guys.

14. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

15. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I also forgot to mention these ;) ;) ;) too. Kinda similar, but depends on the tone ;) ;)

16. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I don't know, internet sarcasm is hard to detect, but I think the point is to have it without the :rolleyes: face. However, it even says (Sarcastic) if you hold your mouse over the :rolleyes: face.

As far as basketball and surgery, I can't believe we are such a battered team. We still played really well! Took the j*zz to 6 games!

17. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

3 months to recover? I hope he doesn't go in to training camp out of shape... when is he going to have the time to work on his game?

18. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Hey, I thought it was funny. (And obvious.)

If I were you, though, I wouldn't change my posting style just because someone isn't sharp enough to pick up on sarcasm.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

He will definitely be if he's totally, 100% healthy. Even this season he's on ESPN's Adande's top 5 MVP list, when he's got an injury-plagued season, not totally fit, and not having a full-strength supporting cast.

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

People new to this board or who got on the bandwagon after the win streak won't understand what it was like during the hard times. Yes, I'm talking about the infamous "Clutchfans civil war" between Yao and Tmac fans. Now, if you were alive during those days (just take it and run with it here), you would know what hating (on both sides) was all about.

What pmac said would've been a normal statement by someone who hated Tmac with a passion. Thats why I overreacted because it statements like that, even though it was meant to be sarcastic, would've been the norm back in those days. So don't think that just because I have a different perception of sarcasm doesn't mean I'm sharpless.

But I digress, lets get back to loose particles and T-Lady's obvious act. (no sarcasm intended).