1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' McGrady undergoes surgery on shoulder, knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

i think this article just proves how much heart this team was playing with....man i hate when the rox's season is over

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Get well T-mac, Shane, and Rafer.

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Oh I see what you're saying..... So Tmac's willing to have people open his knee cap and shoulder area and have them poke around inside it, just so that he make an excuse for being the only one that showed up the last two games?

That makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. marciagong

marciagong Member

Seriously, what do 'loose particles' mean? :confused:

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and this yr he had season-ending surgery due to STRESS on his foot again. it doesn't matter. that's THREE STRAIGHT YEARS something has happened to yao. he's just as unreliable as tmac.

tmac's injuries may be due to joint problems but those things can be "managed." as you get older, you will get joint problems regardless. as long as it's not "injuries that end your season," and tmac is playing, we're good.

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I'm not really a doctor but I can only guess this is what the loose particles are:

[​IMG]

Hope that helped :D

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

geez

sf3, yao, tmac, battier and rafer all had or is having surgery. talk about a huge medical bill. oh well, here's to a speedy recovery.

8. marciagong

marciagong Member

Don't know why I found your pics damn funny. Thanks though.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Specifically it shows with how much heart McGrady was playing.

It should also put to rest any talk of trading T Mac as we would get nowhere close to his value in a trade.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he basically played the whole year after the first 9 games injured.

11. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

T-Mac's knee and shoulder problems were contact injuries from in-game collisions. Because of the Yao injury, he was forced to play with both injuries, and they never got a chance to heal.

Yao's injuries, because of his size, will keep returning. Since the Patterson visit, T-Mac's only injuries have come from in-game collisions, which overall are rare for him during his career.

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

Lets not mention his shoulder and knee could have been rested

had someone not been injured himself.

Its all relative neither is at fault and we should keep both

13. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

tmac i hope get better and come back strong

14. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Dang, some of you need to move to NW Europe so you can listen in the years ahead to your children talk to the nursing home Doctor:

"Hey Doc, can you do the IV tonight? My girlfriend and I wanna get Dad's cash wad and go on a vacation to Tahiti, and we can't do that until he punches out."

"No problem sonny, glad to get the aged and infirm out of the way - who needs 'em?"

Lord of the Flies, Roman Coliseum, etc.

15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

So Luis Scola is our only starter to NOT have surgery in 2008?! Wow...

16. LoveRoxHateJazz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm not all into the fail pics but YOU FAILED to realize my sarcasm.

I tried my hardest to remember all of those things that people were saying when tmac suggested that there was a possibility of him having to "do something he doesn't want to do" (surgery).

This should be the official thread, or one should be made, for those who said Tmac was for some ridiculous reason or another lying about the possibility of needing surgery.

18. mms

mms Member

Does Head need a brain surgery?

19. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

What you said about Yao is true until this season. I didn't consider him injury prone before that. But this time it is worrisome because it is stress fracture that means his bones have problem handling the NBA grind.

20. kwng

kwng Member

Well, it's horrible to hear TMac, Battier and Alston need surgeries. For me, if a player say he is injured, he is injured and he should get enough rest to recover. I hope TMac, Shane and Alston will have successful surgeries and will recover ASAP. I just want to see a full healthy Rockets in the next season and make another streak as well as contending for the ring.