1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets may look at Jabari Parker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 30, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anytime you are receiving the player in SnT.
    • If you receive a player in SnT, you are hard-capped for the remainder of the season, because Taxpayers are not allowed to do it.
    • If you receive a player in SnT, and at the end of the trade your are over the Apron, the league will not even allow it to occur. "Silver: The Trade is Vetoed for CBA Reasons"

saleem, malakas and baller4life315 like this.
  2. Coach E

Coach E Member

We would clear cap space to make sure option 2 didn’t happen. But yes I agree this isn’t going to happen

3. heypartner

I mean, you can't do #2. It is not even an option.

I listed it, because JayZ asked if you would be hardcapped in that situation. The answer is, you can't even do it.

saleem likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sorry I’m being obtuse. The second part is clear.

On the first part what doesn’t mean when you say taxpayer? In the sense that does it mean a taxpayer the previous year? This is just for knowledge. Can a team under the cap do a S&T and stay under the cap and not be hard capped?

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I don't know if he'll bounce back but last year he was terrible defensively and at shooting in general.

The dude cannot move laterally on defense.

6. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I have no problme with Jabari parker good young wing player I say get him for a sign and trade or get him he is a good player

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Any team that receives a player in a SnT is hard-capped.

Besides, if a team were able to still be under the cap after a SnT, then that means that the team had enough cap space to outright sign the player. So, why would you do a SnT?

Gorki, saleem and JayZ750 like this.
  8. heypartner

As I said, "If you receive a player in SnT, you are hard-capped for the remainder of the season."

Sorry if the "because" part added confusion...I only meant to add a historical perspective and reason for the rule. see spoiler.

Here's the simple flow-chart: (1) Are you receiving a free agent via SnT? If Yes, then next question. (2) At the end of that trade are you over the Apron? If Yes, the trade is not allowed. If No, the trade is allowed, but you are hard-capped for rest of season, with no ability to exceed the Apron, at all.

That's it. Every single question you may have is answerable in that flow chart.
    If you want to know the history of this, and the way I like to explain the thinking process of the league to implement Hard Caps in a Soft Cap world, read the Spoiler. But please do not read the Spoiler, if it creates more confusion. The rule is the above.

All teams used to be able to do SnTs with no present day restrictions. And at some point, the league started a luxury tax. Tax didn't really stop the big spenders. So they made more rules to create more effective pain points. The two big rules they made to really hurt tax payers was to make the tax a progressive tax (plus amplifying it for repeaters), and secondly, adding rules to give non-taxpayers more flexibility in free agency.

So, in one CBA, they made the following changes to further reward non-taxpayers and hurt taxpayers:
    1. they took away the incentives of players to sign SnT, whereby the player was no longer able to get Bird Rights advantages that only an incumbent team could provide...that is: they took away 5yr contracts and 8% raises...to cap SnT contracts at 4yrs and 5% raises. Also, you can't get a Supermax in SnT.
    2. Only non-taxpaying teams could receive a player in SnT*
    3. Only non-taxpaying teams had the Full MLE and BAE exceptions.*
    4. No Loopholes to circumvent 2 and 3: By creating a Hardcap, the league was a step ahead of all loop-hole attempts by drawing a line in the sand, should you use 2 or 3. The Hardcap prevents use of non-taxpayer benefits, then pretending like you didn't use them, by asking "Hey, can I still go over the Apron, now?" The league says, "No, you can't, because you used **** that taxpayers aren't allowed to use, silly. You wanted us to treat you like a non-taxpayer; well, act like one. No more soup for you. Hard CAP!!"
    * Technically, teams below the Apron

If anything in this spoiler causes confusion which prompts you to ask another question about the Hard-cap...Forgive me. And you can say I suck at history lessons :(. I refer you to the text outside of the Spoiler for any further questions. :)

#48 heypartner, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    D-rock, Why not? and JayZ750 like this.
  9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

get eric bledsoe who is on an expiring deal. he can backup paul.

Aruba77 likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Woelful is a senile old sad man. Don't pay attention to him. Because Jabari's father is one of the few ppl who talks with him, he tries his best to lick his boots.

Parker would be lucky to get one offersheet by the Kings that is more than 15 million. Let alone 20 per LMAO He sucks and there are far better players out there.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No! One man with legs made of glass is more than enough!

saleem likes this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

so we wont do a S&T for lebron but we will for jabari?

hard cap is a non starter since we will be well over the apron!

13. Rocketsfanguy

Rocketsfanguy Member

As of right now bucks are in hard cap territory.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Not gonna happen, no not gonna happen.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Jabari Parker is just the type of player the Bulls would blow their cap space on.

malakas, ryano2009 and Vivi like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

His last name is Woeful??

Sauces pls confirm.

malakas and J.R. like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I hope not . This guy is an awful defender

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Clutch vs. Unsorted G.A.R.M. :(

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i really think Alex Kennedy is completely useless. He's like some kid that woke up one day and said, i want to be an NBA insider. And then decided to repost fake news for like 7 years straight, create an online profile and print up some fake business cards. But he's been around so long now, people just put up with him masquerading as an insider. It's like no one has the heart to tell him that he's not, so they let him play along.