1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Mavs interested in Andre Iguodala trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 4, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Why don’t we trade shump Nene and all NGs for Kevin love?

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Send a pick to Lakers in exchange of not to sign buyout iggy and talk to iggy first.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

So who else is bidding against Rockets for Iggy?

4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

They both play for the same team currently, and I want one and you want the other.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol common sense he wasnt going there. Made no since...Lakers jazz rockets blazers make sense

6. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Rockets already have an aging Chris Paul who is prone to injury and did not perform to the expectations vis-a-vis his huge contract.

Now you want to add another old player?

They already signed Austin Rivers who is more than capable of starting ahead of Chris Paul.

Andre has championship experience yes, but thanks no thanks.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

One team i'd keep an eye is...drumroll...OKC. They can trade Roberson, Patterson (both expiring) and a young player between Ferguson or Diallo, maybe a pick...although their primary goal now might be dumping some salary so, they might try to trade Roberson and Patterson to teams with cap space if they actually have a 1st rounder to move.

D-rock likes this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Even though he has been injured Roberson is their best defender. They do not want to trade him. As much as we expect turmoil there they have been quiet for a reason. I think they are mostly sitting things out and stuck in place.

Vivi likes this.
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

NGs don’t count but explain to me how this could work. I don’t think it’s great but it might be one of the best of our least worst options remaining. We have to use Shump and Nene now and I am not sure you can use both. This is the LAST time we can get anything out of Ryno that has already cost us a 1st.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Why didn’t Celtics sign Marcus Morris?
    Shumpert for Morris.

11. biff17

biff17 Member

Rivers is capable of starting over Paul?

Boy we are really reaching the depths of logic these days.

HewbieTrippin and Sajan like this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Cavs need to get liquid for next year. Tristan Thompson is a negative asset so I doubt he is bought out or traded. KLove is the only asset left and that is really stretching it with 4 yrs due. He needs to come off the books. I am in a grey area because I kind of really hate this option but I see no other one right now and the clock is ticking. No one is going to bite on their JR Smith cookie.

13. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Its like they dont even realize rivers looks good yes, but a lot of his minutes are vs. the other teams bench. People think they can just take a bench player and start them and expect the same result are pretty illogical

biff17 likes this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I would do Shumpert for the Lakers waterboy if that is what it takes to never see him where the Rockets uniform again.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Iggy a good player. But no if we lose Gordon or if 17mil.

His old team which he went to the bench for during his latter prime years didn't keep him. Iggy got his rings, he can enjoy the money or maybe get more minutes playing on a lesser team.

Do it if cheap otherwise blk the deal.
    [​IMG]

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Tucker is about a year and a half younger than AI and is an iron man. He plays every game and a lot of minutes (like Ariza). He didn't even really start playing in the NBA until 27 so he has a lot less mileage.

AI misses a lot of games and hasn't even played 30 minutes a game in several years. Playing on a 70 win caliber team, it hasn't been that big of a deal. He's been getting hurt in the playoffs also. To top it off, he has nothing to prove at this point.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Please get Iggy. He’d be a better version of what Luc was for us.

Deuce and RudyTBag like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

They had to renounce his bird rights in order to have the cap space to sign Kemba.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He didn't look like he had nothing to prove against us in the playoffs. That's all I know.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

Cavs land shumpert
    Memphis land jr Smith saving money
    Rockets land iggy

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.