1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Mavs interested in Andre Iguodala trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 4, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tilman is willing to pay the tax, problem is silver just won't agree to his payment schedule terms

cmlmel77, Jontro and lilbird20 like this.
  2. vick

vick Member

Memphis has 20 signed players. They need to get down to 15 before the season starts.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Include Bruno in the trade.

fattz likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

While shopping Iggy, Memphis offered him to Milwaukee for their 2020 1st round pick from Indiana so that's what they are looking for.

Houston can meet this price, can't they?

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He makes $17 million. It’s not just giving up the pick but you’re basically going to have to surrender at least Capela to make the salaries work.

jcmoon and malakas like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd still take Iguodala but at this point i wouldn't trade a 1st rounder and players/depth for a 36 years old 2 months rental. I would've traded Knight and a couple of 2nds, a 1st if i would've got back something else like Melton, but a 1st rounder and rotation players is pure madness at this point imo.

Landsdale, D-rock and malakas like this.
  7. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

a big nene contract would have been nice

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

**** Iguodala, as a veteran it's ironic he's behaving like a self-entitled rookie. Sitting out while getting paid gets zero respect from me.

Vivi, J Sizzle and steddinotayto like this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’ve moved on from Iggy after Silver killed Nene’s original contract. There’s no way for us to get him without either getting him via buyout or trading some core pieces.

In addition to that, there’s little guarantee he would stay beyond this year given his statements about wanting to go back to the Bay Area.

Vivi, D-rock, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

“player empowerment” now means getting paid 15 million dollars to sit at home because the Los Angeles teams want you

what a life

rgw20014life, Vivi, D-rock and 2 others like this.