1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets make Sergio Llull $24 million offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MarioKissoDeath, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Screw

Screw Member

I like how "Ganja"Rocket did bust a flow, I guess it's my turn to have a go. Yeeuhhh dowwn here Llull love it, guarantee itll be your second home, servin dishes to howard for the oop, hopefully scola fo da scoops! Did I mention the tax cuts too? Anyway, 24 mil is alot to pass up, but forget that, to pass up a chance for THE ship? We dont yo sorry a** *****! :grin:

All fun and games, but forreals, wouldnt this lower our possibilities for other players tremendously?

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I mean Morey has a pretty good eye for point guards...

Brooks
    Lowry
    Dragic
    Beverley

The only guy that really didn't pan out well was Canaan

In Morey I trust?...sure.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Can he shoot FT?

4. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Lin?????????

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Don't hold it against him. No one is perfect.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think a little more time in the system, Canaan would have been another feather in Morey's cap. Lin wasn't nearly as bad as everyone seems to remember.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Lowry Alston Brooks Lin Beverley. Those 5 names right there should let you know how the preconceived status quo never saw it coming.

If you doubt Llull, then you haven't been paying attention. If you didn't see Beverley then you weren't paying attention. If you didn't see Delly in the Finals then you were not paying attention. This game is bringing in talent from everywhere non-stop. We've been trying to land Llull for a few years now. You people going "omygosh is he VSpan, is he Euro, is he going to be good?" need to just hush up and believe and trust the ones that know. This is going to be good. Lull is going to be all kinds of UNGH.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Signing Lin was not Morey's fault, it was Lin's. Lin proved he can play and was a good player and he can still be one. But he is not consistent and makes too many turn overs. That is his problem but he has game and can play. If he stays consistent and cuts his turn overs he'll be a solid starting point guard in the NBA. I mean come on when he played in Houston 3 years ago players around the NBA said Lin and Harden were one of the best back court in the NBA.

In Morey we trust

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

80 percent.

10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Lin was signed to sell tickets plain and simple. The fans knew it. Morey knew it. I knew it and was okay with it. Anything to bring some excitement to that terrible roster...no one saw harden coming. In retrospect we wouldn't have signed Lin.

So I don't put Lin on morey. Or even on lin. It was what it was. A marketing ploy.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

I cant remember the exact order of PG's but i believe it is as follows:

Alston
    Brooks
    Lowry
    Dragic
    Lin
    Beverley
    Canaan
    Terry
    Prigioni

Overall, very good PG selections. In Morey I Trust

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Isn't it worrisome that the highlights of Llull are all about him making 3s and none as a PG creating plays for others?

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Llull appears to be shorter and lighter than even Steph Curry. Has somebody here posted video of him playing defense? If this guy can't guard on a switch, he'll kill us in matchups against the Spurs and Clips, let alone the Warriors.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

LLULL IS THE EURO GAWD

THE EURO STEPH CURRY

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is a combo guard, but he can make plays. There is a good clip of him, scoring and passing as the Copa Del Rey MVP in 2012 on clutchfans.net. You can see it on youtube.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Money lures...

That said if Llull agrees then he might probably need 1 or 2 years to acclimate

Do not know if Howard will wait that long - need another high octane PG like Lawson

17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Ya pretty worried about his fit next to Harden. He seems like more of a combo guard than a pure point. Can he guard the best 1's in the world? idk.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Harden doesn't need a pure point next to him. Just needs someone to make some plays for themselves and others every once in while. Sounds like a great match with llull

19. nemac

nemac Member

He's a champ. Look at that trophy. Thing of beauty.

20. nemac

nemac Member

And the shooting?