1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Man talk about butchering someone's name. *Myck Kabongo

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

There is a good chance for this.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

No to Kabongo. Nothing against him; it's just we already got Bev. I'd like us to trade up for Oladipo. That'd be a hellaciously good defensive backcourt for our 2nd unit. Bev, Oladipo, Parsons, TJ, and Asik would be an outstanding defensive unit, would create many fast breaks.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I think it'll be hard to predict who we are taking. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember there being much talk about Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry or Candler Parsons in the late 1st/early 2nd in their respective drafts, although, it's harder to pinpoint guys in general that late in the draft.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets like to have 3 PGs. While I have no idea if the Rockets like Kabongo or not, I think PG is fair game for them.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

We have Terrence jones, why do y'all want another pf? We need a backup center, unless Greg smith can play that well. We need backup sg. Harden plays too mug. Someone to put in with Lin or Beverly that's a spot up shooter like bullock.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets are still in a state of flux.

Rockets like 3 PGs. They have 2.

Rockets tend to jumble SG and SF. Starting SG is set. Anderson is nice depth as the 2nd wing off the bench. Parsons is part wing part stretch 4. Definitely have room here for backups.

Rockets have a ton of PFs, but none has completely cemented himself in the position. I think Smith doesn't necessarily fit long term goals of the team and may get pushed into being a backup 4/5.

Rockets have Asik as the starter. Ohlbrecht and Smith look to be the backups. I really don't think they draft a center unless a really good falls to a position for them to snag a good one.

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

So, basically a top 10 talent with Murray at the helm. I'm excited.

9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

For 4 years a 900k a season.

10. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Spike Albrecht!!!!!!!!!!

11. rocketfaithful

I find it funny that most fans on other teams view 2nd round picks as a useless pick that will hold a roster spot but with morey we look at it as a golden oppurtunity to get a very good player cheap!

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Siva please, smaller guards are always undervalued

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Since it got buried in the other thread, I'll repeat what I said before regarding players at our draft position:

1. Michael Snaer, SG FSU - all the athleticism in the world, he's able to penetrate almost at will at the collegiate level and he possesses a good outside shot to boot. He reminds me of Jermaine in build and Florida background, but he has much more court vision (to be fair, Taylor had none, he was tunnel vision in a bottle worse than JR Smith) and he also has the capacity to become a great defender at that spot. His last quality are intangibles; he hit soooo many buzzer beaters during his career at FSU, and he was their floor general pretty all four years despite playing SG.

2. Ryan Kelly, PF Duke - I know he played bad in the tournament and also comes with an injury history, but seriously, how valuable are stretch four's in the current NBA game today? Pretty valuable, definitely draftable I'll tell you that. He's got a Novak-esque shot with much much more mobility, and just watch the MSU Sweet Sixteen game if you want to see how much of an impact he actually had defensively. What I'm saying is that he WILL be picked up by some team in the NBA, and he'll be picked up to play the role of a stiff when in fact he is much better athletically than a stiff. He could easily have a place on our team.

14. jvu

jvu Member

glen rice Jr!!

15. 45souf

45souf Member

What ever draft pick we do have, will be used in trade.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I dunno, there aren't many good 7 footers out there. I'd go with a real good 6'10" guy than a flaky 7 footer.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Any chance Withey falls to the second?

18. Big Red Machine

Sure.

Older prospect, probably limited ceiling, and already project late 1st round.

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Indiana will grab him for sure. :)

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Does anyone know if all the main guys from Michigan are coming into the draft or not?