1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ilias

ilias Member

Gay + Collison for Ariza + Brewer + pick + rights to Gentile/Llull

Doubt they give up on Collison given their lack of depth at the PG position, but you never know with the Kings. Beverley, Gordon, Beasley, DMo, Nene would be a strong bench rotation.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Way too much for a guy who can score 20, defend two positions, rebound? Ok...

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Way too much for a guy who WANTS OUT.

4. anchel

anchel Member

OTOH, I like Rudy Gay but doubt how he fits with James and D'Antoni's offense. Rudy is also an ISO player, he can create advantages on the mid post but with MDA he's not gonna be there. Neither James or Rudy are good playing off the ball, they're very stagnant. Neither of them are good running back to defend nor specially active defensively... So I think he would suppose an upgrade as a pure sum of talent, but definitely wouldn't give at & Ariza both for him (neither Capela, of course), just 1 of those 3.

And no, Sacto is not trading him for Brewer, KJ and a potato bag.

5. anchel

anchel Member

*I meant Pat & Ariza.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

I wouldn't want Rudy on this team if the only thing we had to trade for him was a couple of leftover Toyota Center hot dogs.

Would much, much, much rather have Ariza.

7. rocketseagles07

I've loved the morey era because I always get to make fun of teams who load up their cap only to be average. Now we're that team

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Does D-Mo, Ariza and Bev get a Lowry deal done?

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I really don't think so...if they keep Lowry they don't need Pat, also, they have Carroll so they don't need Ariza, and they have Sully, Pat, Vala, Poeltl...so yeah, i don't think they need D.Mo...

Lowry can leave for free next summer though.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Is it possible for a player to be so widely dismissed as overrated that they actually become underrated because of it?

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The current situation of the Rockets can be so easily described by the fact that I, and many others, can look to a Rudy Gay acquisition and actually get behind it.

You really do think, many this guy could be Marion-esque in MDA's offense, yada, yada... and forget that every team he's left has immediately gotten better...

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but then you'd be giving the Kings 2 better players than the one you would be receiving.

13. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

They're backs are against the wall. I'd trade Beasley, Brewer, KJ/Dekkar and a second rounder for him.

Would not give up Ariza or Pat.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Maybe in those other situations they tried to use him as a #1 or #2 option and he could not produce in that role. Maybe here, as a #3 in a offense that suits him better, he is able to produce. Iguodala was a #1 option in Philly for years and they were mediocre at best, he goes to G St as a 6th man and fits in that role pefrect for them. Just saying, different team, different system, a and different role might work. He has talent and we need more guys with talent on this roster. Depends on what we have to give up for him that is... I think if we get him more moves would follow to balance things out.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

The tweet said WERE interested. Is this still going on. I thought the interest came and went away.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

No no no.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Listen to the Cod ;)

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More tree Sap please! I hope he is forcing his way out and since he will be a UFA next summer, is forcing his way to his preferred destination. Which I hope is Houston. :grin:

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There is no way I am trading either Ariza or Beverley in a Gay trade. Rockets offer would be Brewer/KJ, take it over leave it.

I would move either Ariza or Beverley in a Paul Millsap trade however.

1 person likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Would be hilarious if Bud is going to lose Millsap after Horford cause he wanted to sign Dwight...Baze should be happy too :rolleyes: