1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Rudy Gay is a better player overall. I don't know if bringing him in would upset the overall balance we have going. I guess I'll use the word "chemistry," which the team finally has.

Now, getting rid of Brewer's contract along with the malcontents to whom Codman alludes (McDaniels for sure, Ennis probably)? Golden. For what player? And packaged along with what/who else? I don't know if Rudy will fit in with what we want to do; but that expiring contract is obviously appealing to Morey.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

The thing is, there're probably other teams which need Gay more than us, and so they're willing to pay more for him, that's probably why Woj said "Houston has had periphery interest", cause we had/have interest, but just as a quality expiring, we're not going to trade good pieces for him, therefore other teams are likely going to get him.

D-rock likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I understand the cap space argument, but your trading non expiring contracts for one non expiring. I would imagine he could be moved later if need be to free cap space much easier than moving both brewer and kj individually.

That being said it comes down to how "in" are we this season? Do we have a feeling of we have a shot this year? Since bev has returned we have a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense. Small sample size but hypothetically if we continue this level of play into the deadline we are absolutely contenders and adding depth at our weakest would be smart.

Nene is a vet presence but not nearly the player as Tyson. He also already is resting and should be more insurance than heavy minutes ala Jason terry.

They bring you the same skill set sure. 48 minutes of rim protection is better than 24-30 and some other skill set. Rim protection is vital to a defense. Not too mention if capela and/or nene get injured we have to rely heavily on basically a rookie in montrezl.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have zero room for Gay here. Zero. All the forward minutes are taken and that is without Donuts.

I'd rather have a backup guard in case Gordon/Bev/Harden gets hurt.

I'd MUCH rather have Garret Temple.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Don't want. We are scoring plenty already. We don't need him to mess up the chemistry. I don't even want us trade Brew for him.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Not defending Brewer, but if you send him to a YMCA he drops triple digits.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Gay aka Melo Cancer 3.5 Accelerated would be catastrophe for this team and any hopes for being a contender.

D-rock likes this.
  9. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I don't think Dragic would fit the Rockets now with his contract and that Harden is playing PG. And I don't think that the Kings will be trading Gay now for any of our scrubs since they are close to a playoff spot; and I wouldn't give up any of our rotation players to get him. But if they get desperate before the deadline to move him for something, they have have Brewer, KJ, Ennis and an overseas prospect, or a 2nd rounder and I would welcome him to our team to make us even stronger for the playoffs.

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Especially now that Harden has flourished into a genuine tem player. Last thing we need is a selfish player (ty Lawson number 2) ruining team chemistry.

D-rock likes this.
  11. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I know alot of rockets fans dont want him but I would give this guy a look I think he would accept a bench rule in a winning situation and don't say his a selfish player because only 12 percent of his sets have been in iso this season that's way less than last last year and he's only shooting 34 percent on catch and shot threes but he's shooting 52 percent from the corner three!!