1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

For nothing but average efficiency high volume scoring, we could have kept Beasley for $2m. If that was such an important thing to get, we wouldn't have just traded it at 1/8th of Gay's contract for Tyler Ennis.

Some people just buy all the mainstream hype. Gay is just a volume shooter, average efficiency. We do not need people like him, even off the bench. The bench - like the starting unit - should be embracing the FAR more efficient idea of getting points through ball and player movement, two things which Gay has spectacularly failed to do in his career.

Only for the worst asset on the roster, which is basically Brewer. I would be weary of even including KJ, although KJ has basically been a flop so far. If they don't want that, let them pay him $15m and struggle to compete for playoffs. If we're talking about trading Ariza, Beverley or even D-Mo we better be getting a decent young player whose skills match the trajectory of winning NBA basketball and MDA philosophy.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

:confused:

#523 BamBam, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. Fantasma Negro

Hey I know we all like to dump on Brewer but lets be serious and honest here, Brewer is a better player than Gay. Think about it, what is it that Gay does that's special? He's a basketball player in the fact that he can moderately perform the functions necessary to be a professional basketball player, but what does he do? Brewer, when he's got his head on straight is a plus defender every night, whether or not if he's hitting that corner three. Gay's best defensive effort, what was their record? He has the best big man in the league and the best he could do was 21 points 3 ast and 6 rebounds? Did any of you watch James Harden will this team into the playoffs last season and take us to the Western Conference Finals the year before that? Jame forces ball movement, Rudy Gay stagnates it. He plays like that really good guy at the YMCA. If you give him space he'll occasionally knock down a shot, he'll dunk every once in a while just to stretch out. He's not really into getting others involved in his personal offense and he plays no defense. Can you imagine or remember Rudy Gay starting a fast break from coast to coast like Brewer? Plays like those effect moral and momentum. That's going to be awesome in MDA offense. Rudy doesn't shoot the three well enough to be on this team anyway

5. Fantasma Negro

Hey I know we all like to dump on Brewer but lets be serious and honest here, Brewer is a better player than Gay. Think about it, what is it that Gay does that's special? He's a basketball player in the fact that he can moderately perform the functions necessary to be a professional basketball player, but what does he do? Brewer, when he's got his head on straight is a plus defender every night, whether or not if he's hitting that corner three. Gay's best defensive effort, what was their record? He has the best big man in the league and the best he could do was 21 points 3 ast and 6 rebounds? Did any of you watch James Harden will this team into the playoffs last season and take us to the Western Conference Finals the year before that? Jame forces ball movement, Rudy Gay stagnates it. He plays like that really good guy at the YMCA. If you give him space he'll occasionally knock down a shot, he'll dunk every once in a while just to stretch out. He's not really into getting others involved in his personal offense and he plays no defense. Can you imagine or remember Rudy Gay starting a fast break from coast to coast like Brewer? Plays like those effect moral and momentum. That's going to be awesome in MDA offense. Rudy doesn't shoot the three well enough to be on this team anyway

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brewer was literally the worst player in the NBA last year. He was just so bad on defense... Never, ever where he is supposed to be. At least Gay can pull in 7 boards nightly.

malakas and pippendagimp like this.
  7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RedRedemption and RedNation like this.
  8. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

No he is not. Gay can create his own shot. Why do you think Harden played so much? Because Brewer along with the bench was terrible last year. Probably the worst bench in 10 years. Like have five Ryan Bowens out there bad. Maybe it's the excitement of the new year or you have Brewer right behind looking what you are writing but he was one of the worst players in the entire NBA for the minutes he was given. For some reason JB stayed with him and kept him a rotational guy instead of playing any one else but he was the worst Rocket in recent history. We should have given him away. Rudy Gay would create a spark for the bench that he will never do.

It's time to get rid of Santa's little helper.

#528 nickb492, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Bev is gone with the addition of Ennis...

10. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Sauces?

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I honestly think brewer turned the ball over on fast breaks more then he actually converted. He's so bad

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with this.

13. Fantasma Negro

I would rather keep Brewer and see what Dekker can be. Imo Dekker has a higher ceiling than Gay. I just don't see what's so special about Gay. I think Miami is the best place for him because because they have a bunch of "me first" players. Maybe Riley can threaten them all into playing team basketball

14. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

I've watched almost every game Rudy Gay played as a Raptor and I can say he would not be good under D'Antoni. Gay is a guy you don't unleash, you can't give him any freedom on offense because then he'll just make the worst decision and make the worst possible shot. There are systems where Gay might be good player in, but it's not in Houston

DunKingDanny likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol Vivek strikes again.

Boogie is so gone...i just hope they don't trade him this year so that he will be able to basically choose his next team, we may have a chance next summer inthat case.

17. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Absolutely not true lol

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hope we can still land Gay. We really need all the talent we can get

19. dmoneybangbang

Our 3/4 spot is still very crowded:

Ariza/Brewer/KJ/Dekker
    Anderson/Harrell/Dekker/DMo?

We would certainly have to trade one of our younglings in order to clear out space since Gay would play the 3/4. Gay + top 15 protected pick would be a good get for the right assets. Plus it's the Kings. I wouldn't be upset at all if we didn't get Gay. ;)

20. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I'f we had to trade one of our youngings or had to do a deal for gay I would only do kj mcdaniels and brewer. I would love to have rudy gay on this team even though idk how he would fit but I would just want him to come off the bench we don't need a iso player next to harden