1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What do you know of Collison, his salary (to match up for a deal)? Kings cannot trade him for anyone. C'mon, random trades for random silliness.

Try again, and next time use a plausible scenario with real tradable NBAers.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wow I didn't even realize he got a domestic violence, must of missed it this offseason.

In that case I would surely do bev/brewer/kj for collision/gay/unprotected2nd

Is collision known as a knucklehead? Or is this an isolated incident? I haven't heard any details and always thought of him as a solid presence for a team but idk...

3. BigMaloe

Idk what your trying to say or imply but as a rotation level basketball player collision was solid and would be a welcomed addition. If your implying his domestic violence leaves him undesired or wanted around the league, I am likely with you, although I was just brought aware to this fact of him being charged, but before this knowledge I have been very much in favor of acquiring him for about a year.

I apologize for lack of knowledge on his off season activities and criminal activities.

4. craguin

craguin Member

See last post (#27) in Dish thread:
    [ClutchFans - NBA Dish] Darren Collison Arrested On Domestic Violence Charge

1 person likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It is exactly what I was referencing. And it hardly makes him a desirable acquiree. Anywhere 'domestically', that is.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Would you rather give up assets to have Gay or play Dekker in the same role? I'd rather bet on Dekker.

What we continue to need is another wing that can shoot and/or a guard that can run the offense.

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Not overly keen giving up a PG in Beverly for Gay.
    Would rather trade KJ, Dekker and Brewer for Gay. Throw in a pick as well.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree.

I don't see why we should trade assets to acquire an average and expiring player.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not only that but if Dekker plays even average he'll have more value than Gay ever would at this point in his career. Dekker can still be sold to other teams on potential...everyone knows what Gay is at this point.

Gay would do well to try and get on a team needing an extra bench piece to be a contender, like the Clippers or something...Gay and Crawford, that would be entertaining...

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get why people still think highly of Rudy Gay who is looks like he is fading more and more

12. basketballholic

Gay is much easier and desirable in trade as an expiring contract. The only question left is how much long term salary is Sacramento willing to take for him. A re-signed DMo to Brooklyn plus Brewer to Sacramento with Levert coming here along with Gay and the Nets sending a future second rounder to Sacramento seems about fair.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

For the right price (aka crap), I'm not entirely opposed to trading for Gay.

That said, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. His ISO heavy game isn't going to change. You can shelf any thoughts of him being the Shawn Marion of this MDA team since he doesn't play that way at all. Off the ball, screening, cutting, collecting garbage points, etc -- that's not his game at all.

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

I can see Harrell being a Marion type of player if MDA made that his model. Harrell has a similar build, energy level, athleticism, nose for the ball and ability to hit the 3. If I were MDA I would make that his role.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is Gay going to give us anything Beasley can't? I really don't understand why we would trade for Gay unless we're getting rid of the 2-3 worst players on the roster.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

While we are on the KMart subject, just want to add how underrated he was when healthy before the Harden trade and most importantly the foul rule change.

While Martin often disappeared late in games, the start of the game was crucial for him getting his team a lead in the first three quarters. Him, Brooks, Lowry, and Scola were really good at keeping the Rockets relevant for the transition years between Yao/Mac and Harden. Which was important, with Morey's plan to stay relevant and flexible to trade. He's not getting a jersey in the Toyota Center rafters but he was really good for the Rockets.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Would love to trade for Gay if he assumes a bench role and plays no more than 25 minutes a night. He's not meant to be used as a top 2 option and 35 mpg player like he's been in almost every situation his whole career.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Brewer for Gay.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Reports suggesting 'he's checked out' and won't resign with the Kings. I think if we can pick him up for dirt cheap it's something we have to explore. From all reports I have read he's a good teammate. If he can play serviceable defense I think we should take a serious look. We've made some nice moves but like I've said I still don't think it's enough. If you add Gay that's another guy who can actually handle the ball and rebound at a decent level, knocks down his free throws. He can be inefficient and a volume scorer but I think we need to acquire as much talent as we can.

20. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Brewer, KJ, and maybe a second rounder for Rudy.