1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Historically? Which star players? Kobe & Howard?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources on <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>: Rudy Gay informs Sacramento Kings he'll become summer free agent and likely not return. <a href="https://t.co/3dtSs0XYn1">https://t.co/3dtSs0XYn1</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/777911638003507200">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

He's trying. I gotta give him credit for trying. He doesn't want to be in Sacramento anymore but no one wants to give anything of value up for a one year rental. He needs to stop advocating to play in Miami and just go to Sacto and play, the trade is coming he doesn't have to do all this public nonsense. You're getting paid a ****load of money to play a game. Go play, entitled rich ppl are annoying

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Driving down his trade value......excellent.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Rudy Gay is a waste. He has NEVER been on a good team. He is not a good shooter. He is not good.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm willing to take a chance on a guy that "experts" believed to have had potential to be on Kevin Durant's level.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Bev/ariza/kj for collision/gay.

Pretty straight up swap with us getting added flexibility in two expiring contracts for the cost of kj.

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

A wise man indeed.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take him on a one year deal. What have we got to lose?

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Replace Ariza with Brewer in that trade considering the concern of us not re signing him and I do the trade.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sounds like a Trump-ism.

Yes, if Rudy opted out of that last season now, Morey might just make that phone call. I honestly don't know how I would feel about acquiring the guy. Hopefully it wouldn't be a Lawson type situation.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While I don't think this is a Rudy Gay move, I don't know about his agent...

But he should want to drive down his trade value somewhat. Sure, if someone blew Sac away with an offer, he'd be traded sooner, but that is 99.9% unlikely. That being the case, and it being the case that Gay truly does seem to want to play well on a winning team, the less that team has to give up to get him, the better.

Meaning, in the Rockets case, he'd want to join a team WITH Trevor Ariza, not a team that just traded Trevor for him.

Plus, there's only so many times you can tell the organization something. I think Gay's been telling them since before the last trade deadline. He doesn't want to spend another season on the Kings... can you blame him?

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, Bev/Brewer/KJ for Gay/Collison is something we should definitely do. And I'm not historically a fan of Gay. I never would have wanted him pre D'Antoni hire.

But at this point, let's just go for that I guess...

14. Fantasma Negro

No but he can tell his agent that once traded he's willing to sign for another year to see how it goes. If nothing is doing in two seasons, peace homes. I think he'd be a great fit here, as long as we don't lose Ariza

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Darren Collison... we just got rid of our "culture" problems, let's not add to them again lol

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Collison has a domestic violence investigation looming over his head. No thanks, he has negative value.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The guy takes horrible shots. I've seen plenty of close games lost because of Rudy Gay thinking he's a clutch player and shooting his team right out of the game.

If I'm the kings I trade him for whatever I can get. Rudy Gay is one of those fool's gold players like Al Harrington and Kevin Martin in his prime. They put up numbers that make you think they add to a team when they hurt it more than they add and if given too big a role are always on losing teams.

Coming off the bench and playing the role of a Crawford type he'd be good though I admit.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

As long as Collison can ball is all we should care about. Her private life is none of our business.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Harrington is a good comparison, but Martin was world's better than any version of Gay.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I agree there.

I really don't care too much about acquiring Gay in the end. Especially if we have to give up useful players like Beverly or Ariza. Gay doesn't contribute to rebuilding or makes the team better for a playoff run...he's just there...getting his stats.