1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rudy is mediocre, but if you are the Rockets you would rather Gay take any shots Brewer might have taken. You just have to make sure he isn't taking the ball out of Harden's hands.

More importantly, Rudy will probably decline his PO, so he is essentially an expiring contract. If you can dump Brewer / McDaniels for Gay, you are really cleaning up your cap for next offseasons free agent run at a max player.

2. Sanity2disChaos

If we trade Ariza, we will have a PG.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Interesting.

So if we trade Ariza for a pick or a center, a PG will magically appear?

Get it doney. Maruey.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think he's still a good player, but is he going to get to the line like he used to or is he going to be an outside player that loses the dynamic scoring that comes with driving the lane? If I do this trade, I would want to know from him in his own words that he's still got the drive to drive 5-10 times a game.

This is Houston, we need those FTs.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My guess is if Morey does trade for Gay, he'll insist Gay structure his remaining contract similar to what Lawson did. Just to make sure Morey 100% has control over the capspace flexibility.

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

isnt he an expiring?

7. MistaK

MistaK Member

He has a player option on his contract for the 17/18 season.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yes - expendables.

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

His best years where when he was on a bad team. His best teams were his worst years.

Add to that that he's likely to only be a 1 year rental (which is a plus IMO) and that's why I don't think he's not worth more than Brewer and KJ.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

So what is the hold up? For a 1 year rental, and chance at a end of year contract , he works wonders for the rocket bench unit. Bonifed 6th man for the rockets for this mini push. Brewer,KJ, and pick should get it done. You have a team like Prigs,Gordon, Gay, Beasley, Capela off the bench would be slick, for scoring.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

what pick. and brewer and kj do nothing for sac so there's no reason to even really think about that deal

12. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

That's a **** offer bro.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

We live in the real world?

14. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Can't tell which is the bigger eye sore: this or the rubio thread

16. hakeemthagreat

Him being on a bad team has absolutely no value. If he played here there wouldn't be nearly as much pressure given our best player is Harden, secondly given our offense is more about ball/player movement. If Shawn Marion can be a star in D'antoni's system I'm pretty sure Gay can put up similar if not better numbers offensively.

I also don't care about him being on the downside of his career. People say that about guys but that's not some astounding thing. The question is can he still score the basketball, and the answer is yes. He's still athletic and moves fluidly. Rockets should definitely look into getting this guy

17. rockets13champs

Ill trade brewer and scraps for rudy gay

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'd be willing to part with ariza if it entailed getting collison as well, he's a very solid player.

Ariza/bev/kj for gay/collison

I think its solid value for each team and some 2nd rd picks could be tossed either way to make the deal work.

I hate brewer as much as the next guy but even under the new CBA he isn't a positive asset. And honestly he's always been one of the best finishers in the league in transition and at the rim and last year he was just horrible. I think he may surprise us big time in the ssol offense and really boost his stock. Its his best fit scheme wise in the league.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

3 Team Trade being discussed. Rumored from interanet sauses. :confused:

[​IMG]

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Terrible. A big "no" to giving up Ariza in a Rudy Gay trade. BenMc doesn't move the needle.