1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Legend Josh Smith pursuing comeback

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Sep 27, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

At this point, the only person who should brush up on his chinese is Tariq Black. As I stated in the offseason, Josh Smith is the best option for 3rd string center. You implied Black was a better option. But Tariq Black looks lost, and can't even catch a damn bounce pass (butterfingers smh). You can see Harden getting frustrated every time he drops a pass right in his hands. Injuries are adding up (like I predicted), and we need a skilled bigman that can defend & finish around the basket.

J-Smooth>>>>>>>> Tariq Black

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

keep fantasizing about this washed, low BBIQ player that nobody wants

Smoove is the best option...lol, ok, go tell Morey...I’m sure he’s just dying to dust him off from China or wherever he is to come drop his “easy 18 points” on 7-20 shooting

3. hakeemthagreat

I'm sure James Harden would rather have Josh Smith catching his passes then Tariq Black. Also Smith's BBIQ certainly helped us better than Black's has. Again

Josh Smith>>>>>>>>>>>Tariq Black/Zhou Qi

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

At this point, might as well sign J.Smoove and let him run the offense when Harden sits.

Rox11, D-rock, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The guy sucks, not sure why so many like his sorry ass.

DD

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He is better than our bottom 5-6 players.

adw and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

exactly

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Damn, after being a great player for us, especially during the first go round, I'm surprised by the general disrespect towards Josh. His second stint was during a time Josh was dealing with a chronic injury, which I think was pretty obvious if you watched him play. He didn't have the same lift, speed, (etc, etc...) that we were used to seeing.

Anyway, I'm unable to say much negative about Josh. He did everything that was asked of him, and even more, when Dwight started his passive-aggressive attempt to create a Clique, Josh put their meme-esque AAU past to the side and played team ball. I think it's pretty well known at this point that JSmoov and Dwight are nowhere as close as they used to be, and it's been alleged that it's because Jsmoov chose the Rockets over D12's possessions.

All love for JSmoov

Deuce, D-rock, cerophilik and 8 others like this.
  10. chinese

chinese Member

He is not compatible with CP3, he is a CP3 destroyer.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This isn't a love/hate thing.

It's a question of whether Josh Smith would incrementally improve our team. I think the answer might be yes.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I say go for it.

13. hakeemthagreat

Well said. He played great his 1st stint. His 2nd stint JB was coaching & the team was already on a downward spiral. But the hate he gets mostly comes from idiotic posters who don't know anything outside of boxscore numbers. There is no way Tariq Black is a better basketball player than Josh Smith. If the Rockets cut Black & signed Smooth, the logical rocket fan would applaud that move

D-rock, MVP4THREE, adw and 2 others like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

u should be the last person trying to call other posters idiotic, what a joke

another quote on who he’d trade Harden for

here’s another brilliant observation

this “easy 18 pts” was on 7-20 shooting

#134 Reeko, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    adw likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

No, actually ur the joke. The idiotic comment was solely directed at you

In context, thats in response to a question "who would you trade him for" after his debacle in game 5. IF we had to trade Harden I'd definitely take Lillard. You're not very bright are you

18pts is still better than any numbers Black or Qi's had this who season lol. Smooth is better than both of them and it's CLEARLY obvious now

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

keep trying to rationalize the dumb sh*t u say, it just makes u look more and more pathetic

u would trade Harden straight up for Paul George or Lillard, you’re an idiot

an easy 18 points on 7-20 shooting isn’t good, sorry to break it to u

ah yes, the Smoove who nobody wants and u have yet to see play after not doing anything in the NBA for over a year is the savior

fckbandwagons likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would pass. If he wouldn't take shots from behind the arc (does anyone really believe he won't?), and stick to a role as the 3rd 5 in what would likely be limited minutes, unless someone was banged up, working around the basket, rebounding, and using his passing skills to get the ball to the guys that will be open on the perimeter, playing defense, then maybe. I'm not optimistic that he'd be happy with that role. Having said that, we need some experienced, healthy bodies. I would rather have Luis Scola, if we could get him from China. I don't know when their season ends, though.

18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Louis would be good pick up. he can run pick and roll or pop with Harden and CP3 all day. louis maybe old but hes still better than Black

Deckard likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The irony of Josh Smith shunning someone for their shot selection.

He contributed a great deal to one playoff run. He's done though, and it's only because he didn't develop his game at all while his athleticism faded. He's an offensive liability at this point. His shots inefficient and his passing is turnover prone. Not a notable rebounder. Should still be a very good defender. Not sure this is what we need. I feel like we need someone who can make a greater impact, although it's not clear who we can afford right now.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Just here trying to figure out why some people find it so difficult to spell Tarik