1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets land Scott Machado, Zoran Dragic + others for Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jul 1, 2012.

1. AFS

AFS Member

Can't tell where the neck stops and face begins.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Parsons would be eligible. I imagine he and Patterson may play some, but give more time to others. For Patterson, it'd mainly be rehab.

Patterson / Smith / Leuer
    Motiejunas / White / Jones
    Parsons? / Morris / Simpson
    Lamb / Dragic / Christmas
    Machado / Fortson

Surprise, a complete log jam at the forward slots. Will be curious to see if/how much they use Jones and White at the 3, and how much Motiejunas slides up to the 5.

3. conquistador#11

zoran and zoric. classic names.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

No way does Patterson plays in summer league. Also doubt Parsons plays, given that he's already our established starting SF. No need to play guys that we already know what their capable of, what we need to do is play Morris and the other rookies to see what we got in them.

The way I see it, Motiejunas will be moved to the five and one of either Jones or White will be move to the three, to relieve some of the glut at the PF position.

Donatas Motiejunas / Greg Smith
    Terrence Jones / Jon Leuer
    Marcus Morris / Royce White / Daimon Simpson
    Jeremy Lamb / Zoran Dragic / Dionte Christmas
    Scott Machado / Courtney Fortson

5. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

I like Machado

I'll be watching him

We always find those little crafty PGs some how

Maybe Machado is the next in line

6. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I think Patterson mentioned he might want to play for rehab reasons. I agree with Parsons though - there's no reason whatsoever for him to want to play in SL.

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I missed the other guys from Feigen
    Jerai Grant -- 6'8'', 220 with a 7'0'' wingspan...and a poor jumper. In otherwords, an undersized 4. Athletic, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezOwI5fvnDk&feature=player_embedded. Son of Harvey, nephew of Horace
    Eli Holman -- 6'8'', 250, with a 7'4'' wingspan...also probably a 4, but in this case probably Morey's 2nd go round at a Joey Dorsey type.
    Fogg is a 6'3'' guard who can shoot

Patterson / Smith / Leuer / Holman
    Motiejunas / White / Jones
    Parsons? / Morris / Simpson / Grant
    Lamb / Dragic / Christmas / Fogg
    Machado / Fortson

You could argue Patterson, Leuer, Grant, Motie, White, Morris, Holman, and Jones are all really power forwards. Awesome.

Not sure we can actually carry 16 guys. Probably did a nice sell for Machado -- probably 8-9 guys on this team will be on NBA rosters, and it will give him a good shot for a 3rd strong PG job.

8. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I knew they'd hear me about Scott Machado. He just might mess around and make this team.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks for the info.

According to Feigen, it is not determined whether Patterson or Parsons will play. My guess is they play maybe in a game or two max or just hang with the team and scrimmage.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...names-to-already-packed-summer-league-roster/

I also don't think Leuer needs much summer league time. He got fairly regular minutes on the Bucks as a rookie already.

Of course, one big overriding question is which of these guys will still be with the Rockets come July 13th. For now, I'm thinking the regular will be:

Motiejunas/Smith/ Holman
    White / Jones
    Morris / Simpson / Grant
    Lamb / Dragic / Christmas / Fogg
    Machado / Fortson

Probably going 9 deep each game, with some guys playing one game but sitting out another.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yea I really like machado hope he does make the team

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

He played in New Rock!

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I've never actually seen Machado play, but with in my pre-draft reading, his name and description really stood out; to the point I thought we might buy a second round pick for him.

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Machado is a GREAT pickup. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he made the team, and maybe even became a high-quality backup. Was the 2nd best passer in the draft after Marshall

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think i remember reading somewhere that Pat was working hard this offseason to develop his game, and he said he was going to participate in summer league. Maybe i'm mistaken, but i think Pat's playing.

As far as Machado, this is very exciting. He was supposed to be an early 2nd round pick. I remember that Houston brought him in for workouts and liked him a lot. If we had a 2nd round pick this year, there's a good chance we would have used it on Machado. Now we get him into camp for nothing. Classic Morey.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

So Zoran and Goran are related? Wow nice.

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

There was a glowing write-up in rockets.com on him in the PG section, rated together with Marshall as two of the best pure passers to have come out of college for quite a while.

Worth a read.

Hope he can make it as the 3rd PG. Perhaps even second.

17. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Machado is playing in a weak conference with fast paced offense as a senior, so his numbers are inflated. Also his defense is poor even in that conference. He doesn't have many phisical advatage except he's pretty strong for a PG.

That being said, he improved in college and does have nice passing skills and good perimeter shooting. His best chance is to be a third string PG at the end of the bench for now. We should definitely take a closer look at him and hope he can improve on defense.

18. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Splash here and a splash there.

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol our team is to deep. Patterson would be best to sit it out.

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Summer League champs once again!

Donatas
    Jones
    White
    Lamb
    Machado

Highlight-city!