1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Does Chris Paul have any say in this?

He is being paid after all, and he has a contract owned by NOH. He can't take any legal actions when he is obliged to play for whoever owns his contract.

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I hope this saga continues on about CP3 ends up in LA as per the original trade.

If the owners can block it, I'm sure the players and teams can take action too.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

the thing is...if Nene signs before they can get the deal going again does Houston make the same deal? I seriously doubt it, I bet Morey was/is depending on signing Nene.

1 person likes this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Exactly, an adjusted form of this exact trade should go through by weeks end. All this just makes the NBA look so bad, especially after this bitter lockout. If the league is worried about competitive balance, they should have addressed it in the new CBA. Since they didn't, they need to let the trade go through, love it or hate it. It's about integrity at this point...

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I ****ing hope he wins.

Pau Gasol makes the Rockets so much better. There is no way the Lakers win without a big in the West AND there is no way Orlando trades Howard for Bynum straight up. And they'd still be in cap hell.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

So... when the inevitable "Dwight to Lakers" trade happens, and Chris Paul takes a paycut to sign with the Lakers next season, who do we have to blame?

The Owners

Congrats fellas, you just screwed yourself.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris is a moran for not wanting to sit one more season till he is a free agent

8. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lamar and Khloe do NO would have been a lame show anyways..

10. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I don't think we can sign Nene if the deal doesn't go through, don't we need the cap space this deal creates first?

12. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

j/k couldn't resist

1 person likes this.
  13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I hate the reaction by Chris Paul. Come on now, you have a contract paying you big money to be the face of the franchise. Next year your deal is up and you can do whatever you want. Now take this like a man and stop whining.

I hate it that the superstars hold all the power. They should have something like: only one (or two) max contract per team. And if someone doesn`t report to training camp, give him a hefty fine (like missing a week means missing 10% of your yearly salaray).

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's the point. We need the space from this deal to lure him away from the Nuggets...what if by the time we can do this deal Nene has already resigned with Denver?

I doubt Morey does the deal then. Just seems like the deal is only good to us if he can go hard after Nene.

15. pacmania

pacmania Member

All Buss had to do is call up his GM since he owns the LA Lakers. I'm willing to bet this is Mark Cuban whining again like the time he was complaining about Yao Ming setting moving picks. Cuban =whiner.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Beat me to it.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The deal clears only 3.5 mil in new cap space. Can probably explore other salary dumping options for those same 3.5 mil. A minor trade would suffice.

18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don`t really get all the Nene love. Yes he would be a nice piece. But to get him, we would have to overpay him. I don`t think he is worth much more than 10 millions per year - we would have to pay him something like 14 millions per year. That`s a lot of money for an injury prone 10 and 10 guy.

Not signing Nene is not the end of the world.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hard to believe Lakers GM let this deal go so far without telling Buss. Would be shocking.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He can take legal action like he is doing right as we speak.

He is also striking by not reporting to camp tommorrow under the legal supervision of the union.

If he sues the league, the league loses even if they win just by the PR whiplash. Plus players union can boycott the league and tell their players to not show up to training camp. If the they settle they lose, and the trade still goes through despite the embarrasement and PR whiplash. If they allow LA/Hou/and NO to continue with the trade they lose.

Stern has truely made the worst decision of his career. As if the lockout sharade didnt hurt the league enough, this will truely show what a sham the National Basketball Association is.

1 person likes this.