1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wish Scolas heart could have out rebounded Gasol back in the 2009 playoffs.

All I remember was hearing people saying, "Gasol is so tall" "Scola has no chance"

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL! Pretty funny...

3. zooch

zooch Member

Are we mediocre though? I would say now we're worse than that. This is not a young Pau Gasol we're talking about, and the rest of our team is super young.

4. The Situation

The Situation Member

Wtf is going on?!?!?!?!

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gasol can shift to the 5,but he is not a center. His defense I acknowledge is unrated when he plays hard,but he was taken out of his element by the Mavs. Unless,DM can find a solid defender and rebounder to pair up with Pau,this move won't benefit us much.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's been stated that Morey thinks that Nene's contract would be easily tradeable, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

I don't really agree here. The only reason the Hornets dealt CP3 to the Lakers is because he had them bent over a barrel, and they also acquired Lamar Odom (a significant asset) from LA. In fact, I'd argue that Odom was the best player they acquired in the deal. Scola/Martin aren't that valuable and weren't going to be the foundation to a major deal down the line, imo.

I think Nene becomes very tradeable, much like Martin and Scola were. Gasol isn't, but I think he's a keeper for the reasons you said. But I think Nene can be the foundation of a No. 1 trade package, or dealt for an exception.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

rofl that sounds ridiculous. i think the lakers end up worse cause of this deal.

8. Convictedstupid

[​IMG]

At least I hope.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

THANK GOD. Christmas miracle

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its been tossed around. But like I said 20 pages ago, wait till everything settles before rendering judgement.

What we see (right now) may not be what we get, or have in a couple days.

11. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    It was not immediately clear, sources said, if three-way trade involving Hornets, Lakers and Rockets is merely snagged or in jeopardy

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

NOT SO FAST.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports.

If this deal gets killed, its going to be an awkward training camp.. .

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    It was not immediately clear, sources said, if three-way trade involving Hornets, Lakers and Rockets is merely snagged or in jeopardy

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Rep for you.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I actually don't mind this deal.

LOVE Scola and his heart. However with him in the frontcourt you MUST MUST have a 7' shot blocker as a complement since he is so dreadful defensively.

Gasol is like a 7' version of Scola but with better D. Upgrade.

Costs us Martin and Dragic to upgrade to one of the best big men in the NBA over the past few years? Not bad.

I'll miss Martin, but he is the human matador defensively. Outstanding scorer, but there's a reason he hasn't been to the post season since becoming a regular NBA starter!

This gives us a bit more "definition" in our rebuilding. Obviously Lowry exploded last year, we're banking on his growth to continue alongside an excellent big.
    And now if we strike out on getting a genuine C, then we can always use Patterson with Gasol as our 'combo bigs' - I think they'd make a sound frontcourt.

The real X factor is whether Morris has any game. If he is a genuine NBA SF, then we're going places

16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    ESPN CP3 trade latest: Trade with Lakers will NOT go through Friday and Chris Paul is expected in Hornets camp, according to sources

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

lol owners said no Paul to Lakers. Haha wow

18. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Owners were irate in Board of Governors meeting with Stern, livid that the league-owned Hornets were allowed to make Paul deal, sources say.

19. Turpis

Turpis Member

lol. what just happpened?

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

ROFL. This is hilarious.

"DON'T SCREW US OVER AGAIN, DAVE!"