1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets keeping GSW fans on their toes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 4, 2018.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, teams are catching up to what they do. I was watching the Warriors vs an eastern conference team
    prior to the All-Star Break. The commentators were talking about a discussion with their coach.
    The coach was telling them that they were unfamiliar with the Warriors style because they only see them
    twice a year. Now they are figuring out their cutter-system. I believe it to be true. Their 3-point shooters
    get your attention while they hit you with cutters for easy baskets. Limit their easy points off cutters
    and you have a punchers chance.

2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Pretty much, the key to beating that team is to force anyone outside of Steph/Klay/KD to make perimeter shots, teams have to realize that the Warriors often use lineups with only 3, sometimes 2, floor spacers on the court. Stay glued on Curry/Klay/Durant and just sag off the non-shooters and play the passing lanes against them. OKC did that to tremendous effect in their two wins, Boston locked them up that way, and while we got burned by Young and Green catching fire from 3, we still won both of those games.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, recently Barkley said the same. He said he would stay close to Curry, Klay, Durant on the perimeter; but
    leave Draymond open. I think the Rockets used that philosophy ....like you said, Draymond lit us up...but we won.

We kept them to 108 points. Boston kept them to 105 points. That must have been the game. Brad Stevens
    is pretty smart....and that game was nationally televised.

Edited: Luc MaM is very important because he anticipates those cutters well defensively. Results
    in deflections and turnovers. Coming from the Warriors Pacific division as a Clipper. CP3 also.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Golden state just doesn’t have the same “team” as years past.

Ya they got KD now to go with Steph klay and green. They still got iggy and Livingston (both guys showing serious age)

But they don’t have the Boguts and Barbosas of the world. They got swaggy p and Capi.

Before the got KD they were extreamly deep. Rockets always held up with them during the Dwight years but once harden went out for rest in both teams second units hit the floor golden state would just kill it.

Part of their problem is iggy just isn’t very good anymore. Atleast were he was a serious game changer on both sides. He’s lost a step on D and his three point shooting is gone.

Livingston is not getting to his spots anymore for those mid range shots that seemed automatic.

Really what it boils down to.

Is green and klay more impactful than clint Gordon Ariza luc tucker and Anderson?

I don’t think so.

I’m prob delusional but I truely feel as long as we’re healthy we will beat the warriors in the playoffs and it won’t even go 7 games.

Rockets are just the better deeper team.

KD and harden cancel each other out curry and Paul play so different but the impact is similar I’d still favor Steph but the gap is not huge we’re the scale totally flips over our deeper team.

5. fiersdownbelow

meltdowns all around [​IMG]

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this in my mind its was always gsw role players that used to kill us...

ps even in dwights last year we played them pretty evenly in playoffs until curry got injured... after that they destroyed us

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sorry the Rockets disappointed the Warriors fans last night......not really

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Sorry, but the Rockets are going to disappoint Warriors fans every night!:eek:

ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they waiting for the rockets' mistake
    [​IMG]

BigShasta and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. the shark

the shark Member

"Legends" don't get BANNED from this site by Clutch.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Houston can't do anything once Warriors play their Death Squad more often. Here's how I see it. If Warriors bring their A game and Rockets bring their A game, it's a blow out. Why? Because if Warriors bring their A game, their defense will shut you down which result in bad shots and low shooting percentage. The ONLY reason I see the Rockets or any team for that matter that can beat the Warriors is the hope that they didn't bring their A game, that they struggle with their shots....that perhaps play their B game or worst instead.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

No defense can shut down harden, you can only do so much vs him and hope he misses shots...so if its A game vs A game Rockets win

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Mcgee seems like a pretty decent guy to me.

14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Their "Death Squad" of Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Durant, Green is only a plus 3.5 on the season, last year they were a plus 20.

BigShasta and ApacheWarrior like this.