1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets involved in trade talk for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Who do you want on the rockets more?

1. Andrew Bynum

605 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Dwight Howard

412 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I just want a center.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where he wants to be. Just like Carmelo. Just like Bosh.

3. ejarts

ejarts Member

Honestly, I'd rather have Andrew Bynum. He's a more complete C. Dwight is like Blake Griffin of Centers. Plus Bynum trained by McHale, Yao and Olajuwon....... BEAST. Delights offensive game is MEG. Bynum is 24, 2 time world champion.He already knows what it takes to win. What did Dwight achieve? Slam dunk competition?lol

4. ejarts

ejarts Member

*DWIGHTS *MEH

apparently, my bionic Droid knows better of what I want to say.

5. jvu

jvu Member

Do not want injury prone bynum

6. Nook

Nook Member

At this point does anyone even care where he ends up? If I had to guess it would be Atlanta. I would like to know who will play with Howard now that we have no point guard and a shooting guard that doesn't want to defend.

7. mic

mic Contributing Member

DEAL IMMINENT

(not imminent)

The Dwightmare continues. **** is more cyclical than a ****ing bicycle.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bosh was a free agent...Howard is not.

Carmelo got traded to the other conference...you think the Nuggets would have traded Carmelo to the Lakers if that's what he wanted?

Howard will not be a Net, regardless of how much he wants and desires it.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

ClutchFans.net ‏@clutchfans
    Nets deal=bad deal for ORL. Never bought reports that it was near done. Seems like negotiating ploy. HOU offers more for a rebuilding team.

10. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Tommy Dee: Source says magic involved in another 3 way deal with the lakers now in the mix. Third team unclear... Atl? Houston?

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yet when he becomes a free agent, there will be no teams with enough cap room to make a move for Dwight. Houston, Cleveland, and probably Portland; on the short list. Be honest what team out of those 3 would you prefer to be on?

If Dwight comes he will end up staying here until his next contract is up (5 years from now) and then he'll be a washed up Patrick Ewing chasing another ring. And yes I know Ewing didn't win one, just read that sentence one more time.

Either way when Dwight comes he'll be the spectacle of the All-Star game IN Houston and for the long run stay a Rocket. And that will be that.

1 person likes this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Who tf is Tommy Dee? Link?

13. Possum

Possum Member

In a three way LA needs to throw something Orlando's way also. They don't get out of it by trading Bynum straight up for Dwight.

14. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

^
    ^
    ^
    this.

i think if its anything, its going to be this.
    or something more clever than this, that we can't see yet.

when i first heard it, i thought, "Bynum, no thanks".
    but the more i think about it, and if our front office thinks its a good idea,
    i could be into it.

15. everyday eddie

I do too (read sig)

16. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Hell if I know, just pulled it from hoopshype:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I'm sure he's a totally reputable source and not just some random jackass with no real inside info.

17. NateNate

NateNate Member

So is this the new dwight update thread???

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i am sure there are million threads on this and as a result million responses similar to the one i am about to give

the nets have committed 54 million dollars for Williams, Wallace, Johnson, shooting guard MarShon Brooks, Reggie Evans, Mirza Teletovic

presumably brooks lopez is seeking a max deal and if the nets dont get dwight they will prob match whatever offer he gets, lets suppose that for argument sake that is 10 million a year bringing there number up to 64 million. After they round off the rest of their roster they will be more then maxed out of the salary cap. having 2 max players and one close to max player in lopez will prevent the nets from having enough money to sigh howard, they know that and so does dwight.

the only way dwight signs with them is if they have his bird rights and the only way that happens is if they trade for him. I do not see dwight playing anywhere for less then the max and teams like nets will nto be able to offer that to him next year

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Huh? Bynum is a very good center but not on the level of Howard. He has no consistency. You don't know which Bynum you'll get from game to game...20 and 15 or 13 and 5.

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

on another note, no one really thought deron would sign with nets unless they got another superstar..when dallas made a run for him people pretty much assumed that unless dwight was going to brooklyn that deron was gone.. but he signed with the nets and I think the big reason is one extra year and 25 extra million dollars