1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets involved in trade talk for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Who do you want on the rockets more?

1. Andrew Bynum

605 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Dwight Howard

412 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. AbrahamLincoln

We need to keep Royce. All other may be thrown in the fire.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm not gonna lie, a part of me really wants Dwight to come here because we'll finally have our superstar... But another past of me wants to rebuild.

Either way, I'm getting sick of all the drama.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And how many times did he flip flop on that decision before he opted in?

You guys act like no one changes their mind?

If the guy does come here and decides to opt for FA where is he gonna go??? Cleveland?!?!?! Bwahaha...

The guy obviously wants the most money possible and the Rockets will have that as leverage in the first place, if he does desire to go to a different team the only other option to keeping that (near) max money is a S&T. Which has really has been killed by the new CBA... so.... what other choice does he have left?

This pretty much somes up most the idiot's train of thought on the garm now-a-days. :rolleyes:

4. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

at this point, Houston is in the drivers seat. We don't have to sell the farm for a one year rental of Dwight. We either do a 3-way trade with LA for Bynum, or deal directly with Orlando for future draft picks, Scola or Martin and maybe Jones/Patterson. No need to give up our young guns, parsons, Motie etc since the other deals on the table are garbage.

Also, what would a one-year rental of Dwight look like? Are we contenders? Is that enough to beat LA, Miami, Boston, Nets, Spurs, Thuder???? If not, then why mortgage the future for a one-year rental for a 30% chance at the title?? (If winnning the title is NOT the goal, then there is no point in a one-year rental).

Also, if Dwight is traded to Houston, will he keep his stance that he won't re-sign? Who will want to watch games and cheer for him knowing he wants out? It doesn't make any sense...he won't be well-received by Houston fans b/c they know he will be gone within a year and he may or may not give his all since he will have mentally already checked out of the Rockets. If you KNOW you won't be on a team in a year, what emotional attachment do you have to winning for that team?

In conclusion: If we rent Dwight for a year in the hopes he signs a long-term deal, there is NO point in offering the farm. Future picks and a young player + scola/martin or fillers to match salaries is all it should take since the Magic are desperate now and the Nets can only offer diarrhea + Lopez in exchange. That way if he leaves, we won't be holding our d*** wondering what happened. Maybe we can then do an S&T for crappy Lopez to the nets, its at least something.

Otherwise play the youngguns or go for Bynum and sign him long term.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

We'd most likely have to send Martin in order to make salaries match.

I'd rather send Scola as well, but it doesnt seem like we have that option.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yep. If he's determined to bolt, we can trade him by the trade deadline, or S&T next offseason. I'm sure there will be plenty of suitors then. I don't understand why people act like we'll for sure lose him for nothing after one year. If Orlando is able to get Bynum for him now, I'm sure we can get the same piece one year from now, and maybe more.

7. Toast

Toast Member

I think that's the plan from Houston's perspective.

We have the draft picks Orlando wants. Orlando has the center LA wants. LA has the center we want. Throw a whole buncha other pieces in the mix for good measure, and viola!

8. Nero

Nero Member

I feel really happy for Deron, that he chose to stay in Brooklyn because of Joe Johnson.

I am sure he will be happy up there with JJ and Broke NoPeds.

:)

9. RocketRed4life

NOOO TO BYNUM!!! The guy is good but waaayy to injury prone... Give me Howard or give me Nothing!

10. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

22 game winning streak

3 straight years of 50+ wins per season (2006-2009)

Just to name a few...;)

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Have you people not learned your lesson yet??? Howard is not coming to Houston!! This isn't the first time Houston deal has been better than the other teams.

12. Relentless

Relentless Member

Please consider this jabroni.

Your post style is pretty annoying.

It's not like you're really breaking something down for us.

A paragraph form is acceptable.

This **** is ridiculous.

13. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Man some of you enjoy getting **** teased, reminds me of all the high hopes for Bosh last year when I would have easily bet $100 bucks he was not coming here.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Dream on. He will come to Houston, miss a good part of the season because he has a sore back. And then at the trade deadline no other teams will want to give us anything for a soon to be free agent with a bad back. And everyone will be saying the Rockets were idiots to give away all our young talent and draft picks. Of course, their will be a few people that will say "at least we tried something."

15. barnsleyfan123

I'm feeling a 3-way trade

Orlando would get the combination of picks and youth from Houston
    Lakers would get Dwight
    Houston would get Bynum

I don't even care that Dwight would be going to LA, it'd be a win win for both LA and Houston- LA would be favorites in the West for 2-3 years depending on how long Nash and Kobe can play and Houston would have a young Bynum with a bunch of other young players to develop

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I agree with you on both counts...but if it is the better deal, why doesn't Orlando do it? Orlando should have ZERO interest in helping Dwight land where he wants. Dwight has strung the franchise along demanding he get his way. If i'm the new GM I send him to Charlotte or.....the team offering the best deal, duh!

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Where do you think he will end up?

18. barnsleyfan123

Rather have Bynum for a while than Dwight for one season. Although obviously I would rather have Dwight over Bynum.

19. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I think this is best for all three teams.

20. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

why not rent howard this year

if he bails we sign bynum?