1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets involved in trade talk for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Who do you want on the rockets more?

1. Andrew Bynum

605 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Dwight Howard

412 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

2. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

This article was posted 43 minutes ago. How is this old news? Adrian is the most reliable NBA journalist in the biz. If Nets are close to giving up and Lakers are falling by the wayside and the Magic need to make a deal in the next couple weeks, this is pretty big news. I'm not in love with the big baby Dwight but it's more interesting than tanking for 4 or 5 years.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There is another thread that has the article posted. 42 minutes and 55 seconds ago.

4. tzou88

tzou88 Member

No to Howard... let's just play the young guys. I wanna see White, Lamb, and Motie play.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, if the Nets deal are dead and the Lakers deal isn't happening, should Morey also lower his offer?

6. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

WHAT OTHER TEAM CAN TAKE BACK SALARY??? If it's just us, we need to play hardball. They just lost their leverage and we can lowball right? Why would we give all of our young talent now?

7. Possum

Possum Member

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we could somehow get Bynum and keep all those young guys I would love it.

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I totally agree...

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

martin has to leave to make salaries somewhat match and we can give them all the bucks players and 2 draft picks. one of our rookies also ( lamb or jones)

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

Howard will only delay the rebuilding process for more years.

say no to any trade with Magic.

11. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Why do so many of you think that these guys we picked up are no more than good role players at best....morebprobable is that they are bench players...these guys are not top 5 players that are a sure bet...some of you just love mediocrity..when you have a chance to get the best center in the league you f*&$@** go for it..at all costs....these opportunities do not come often and u could tank for the next 3 years and u may never find a guy with half the talent as Dwight.....and before some of you start you bull$&** about him being a rental just stop right there...morey is banking on him not walking away from 58 million from us and re signing....and I think its a good bet...if it doesn't pan out then at least we went for it..at least we swung and missed instead of standing and watching!!!!
    Bring on DH !!!!

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I'm throwing a huge keg party when this diva is finally traded. This is worse than the Brett Farve retirement thing.

13. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

No, Morey shouldn't... otherwise this will happen tomorrow: "Dwight to Brooklyn talks are back on. Blockbuster trade back in the making"

...and also 5 more Dwight threads will be made

do you want that bro?

1 person likes this.
  14. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Sorry if this has been addressed... if we take back some bad contracts in a trade for D12, can we use the amnesty on them? Or, does that only apply to players on the Rockets roster prior to the lockout?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

No.
    Correct.

1 person likes this.
  16. liveguy

liveguy Member

for the love of Jesus.......

Please give it up already.

If Morey trades for this clown who doesn't wanna be here and he pulls a "my back" on us for half the season, then the other half, chills and collects a check while waiting till year end only to bounce....

Sign me up for the fire Morey club.

Been a HUGE Morey fan in the past, but trading for this ruh-tard is a mistake.

Let him blow up another team that's dumb enough to trade for a broken rental.....

Don't let it be you, Morey.

we're already on the path we should have been on 2 years ago.

Kill the quick fix!

**** Howard!

2 people like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

only those under contract at consummation of new CBA

18. bcast89

bcast89 Member

For the last time...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umDr0mPuyQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Acquire Dwight and them trade for Bynum. Then we will actually be able to keep our star

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

LOL. 43 minutes is a lifetime here, but honestly I wouldn't have known this news if you hadn't posted it.