1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Zogi?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, May 14, 2014.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Yeah keeping the coach that won 54 games in the WEST is unfathomable. I'm sure Rockets are only interested in Zoran and all the reports of Carmelo, Bosh, Dirk, Lowry, etc are smokescreens

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

One of these things is not like the others.

3. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Pretty sure Zoran was cut after Goran had already signed with Phoenix.

4. bobloblaw

There is nothing wrong with the Rockets pursuing Z-Dragic. He seems to be NBA-rotation ready and could be a great value, depending on the contract. I'd much prefer him to Garcia, Hamilton, or Casspi. He could play the 2 or 3 and is about the same size as Garcia and Hamilton. Obviously no one expects this type of signing to be the end to their offseason were it to happen.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Get Zogi and then Gogi is a FA next year right?

6. bobloblaw

Goran v. Zoran v. Asik for #3
    [​IMG]

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd bet on Lin being an upgrade as a backup PG on atleast 20 teams.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Also Rockets get destroyed without Lin in that Game 5

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

What about Game 4?

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Until we get the 3rd star, this is what we have to do. Sign minimum (or close to minimum) players to maintain cap flexibility.

I like the idea of signing Zoran and Kostas to 4 year contracts using a portion of the MLE. Give them 2 years guaranteed and 2 years of team options.

Then sign Emeka Okafor to a 2 year contract, 2nd year non-guaranteed.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Does he share his brother's affinity for Dynex? Should be able to swing that.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lebron

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

As someone who shared a backcourt with my brother for 12 years... You are absolutely right. We have played together so much, we see the future when on the court together. I'm talkin hella back cuts!

14. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

i remember zogi was pretty active defesively during the summer league. doubt even if it's true he becomes a significant player for us anyway.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I remember Zogi was pretty crap during summer league for us.

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Zoran might end up being a good player, but Rockets don't have time to wait for him to develop. Best case scenario he is as good as Goran, right? Goran was worthy of an All-Star spot this year. It took him a while to get there though. Goran's first year, he might have been the worst point point-guard in the NBA playing more than 13 minutes. His numbers were very Brandon-Jennings-esque. 39% from the field in D'Antoni's offense. Nash was putting up almost prime numbers. Even if he develops in his second season, then Parsons and Beverly will be making fair value thus negating his value. I firmly believe that unless Morey can finds another Scola, Landry or Parsons, which is unlikely, then we need to capitalize on their value ASAP. We need to go ALL IN this season.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Watching Zoran at Eurobasket 2013, I was impressed how he improved his shooting. He is a fighter, a slasher and a great rebounder for his position, but the shooting touch has been always lacking until last year. I don't know though if his shooting % would translate from Europe to overseas.

He would be a perfect replacement for Hamilton, coming off the bench to get Parsons a chance to catch his breath. Just like Goran, his attitude and fighting spirit is contagious - something a lot of players from this team lack.

I really hope they pick him up!

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

How bout Lins brother Win?

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lin's brother is called Zeremy.

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/138537

Malcom Delaney is also off the market, by the way. Singed a two year, $2.8M deal in Russia.