1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Rodney Stuckey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 26, 2015.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I say we get stuckey and match Bev, I'm cool with 20 mins starting with Bev and the rest with Stuckey off the bench

2. pass_to_Hakeem

Whose the starting pg, Prigs or Nick Johnson??

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

How was prig when he wasn't an artifact

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sigh.

Stuckey's a decent player but I doubt the difference between him and even Nick Johnson is enough to improve the second seed in the Western conference. The good thing about Stuckey is that he can also play the 2, which allows us to rest Harden more often and have a playmaker on the floor.

I'm not saying we have to make a big change/trade to improve on last season. I'm just saying we need to maybe go after someone who might genuinely surprise us in a positive way. If we sign Stuckey and Beverley, I hope we go after Jimmer with a small offer too. That guy could break out and hit 40+% on high volume off the bench, could turn into a solid backup long term.

Beverley/Stuckey/Jimmer would make me feel good about our PG position. Much more solid than last season. Some depth at the 2. It would be really cool to re-sign KJ and keep K-Pap. Let Brew walk as much as I love the guy we could have two other players who give it 200% but might develop into a more talented version of Brewer. D-Mo and Josh Smith is a stellar duo at PF if we can manage to bring Smith back.

How we're going to sign Stuckey, Jimmer, Perkins, Smith and KJ with the MLE is beyond me. But that would be an improved team.

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I love your work on the board but Stuckey is a huge upgrade over Johnson. I encourage you to watch some of his highlights and check his game log. He had multiple 30 point games and can make the extra pass and create his own shot. If be very happy if we picked him up and we brought him off the bench to back up Harden (he is more of a sg than a pg).

6. malakas

malakas Member

Right now which guards are still available in the market?
    Rivers matthews afflalo stuckey bev rondo ellis lin..who else? There are indiana ny la sacramento philly and houston in need for a pg. I think if sacramento get their deathwish and sign ellis then stuckey will go back to indy where they can pay him.
    With the names left i also think that bev will get an offer for 6-7 per. Ofcourse it depe ds how desperate the rest of the teams are and whether matthews ends up on the raptors//portland/teams that are set with guards alr.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[youtube]9RslVm0K0ig[/youtube]

Watching a lot of Stuckey clips. The guy would make this team a lot better. Having a someone else who can create offense would make Harden's life easier out there. He seems like a really good fit for this team.

1 person likes this.
  8. chandlerbang21

You dont wathc much bball. Jimmer is trash and couldnt even crack rotation with pelicans

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Wise thought but will Morey listen or continue to chase the big fish? Morey has to realize at some point, it takes guard(S) (with an "S"), not a guard to win a championship.

10. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Well said! :cool:

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He's on a similar level to Corey Brewer. Did Brewer improve the Rockets?

12. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

+ 1

Sadly, I think Morey will miss out on players like P Mills, G Hill, and Stuckey, and once again he'll go cheep, with old no-good players that don't add anything to the team. Of course, if this kind of off-season moves continue I'll become more and more concerned about Harden bolting when his contract expires. No way he sticks around if Morey doesn't surround him with players, especially after he specifically asked to upgrade the PG position.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Stuckey isn't great, but you are grossly underrating him.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

First off, I only watched 2 minutes of the video above and Stuckey can hit a jump shot and we're wondering if we should grab him or not!???? Seriously? The guy can create his own shot and not dribble the ball to death like Beverly?

We don't need an All Star PG just someone that has common sense and can hit a jump shot! I'm sold

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

oh and Stuckey can make free throws and open layups!

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

George Hill is not a FA. Patty Mills is not a FA -- and why would the Spurs deal him now, when they're waiting on word from LMA? Morey is not "missing out" on guys currently under contract by waiting a few days.

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

If he continues to shoot over 35% at the 3pt range and he shares ball handling duties with Harden I'm all for the signing. If he continues to go with his career averages and shoots around 30% at the 3.. then that's not the best signing for us. I had him on my fantasy team a few years ago and he is definitely not someone you want to consistently taking 3 point shots.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Is Stuckey better than Patrick Beverly? He can't be any worse that's for sure. Stuckey can make an open layup, free throws, can create off the dribble and pass. If he never shoots the ball he's already an upgrade and he can't shoot any worse

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

They are not really similar players. I personally think a Bev/Stuckey tandem would be a decent rotation. Stuckey is at his best when he dominates the ball, but he could be a great scoring threat off the bench. That's where he shined for Indy this year -- not so great in the starting lineup, IIRC. Think he had a few games where he scored 30 against other teams' reserves.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Interesting to not hear much about Stuckey. Almost like he's waiting for the Rockets.

In fact not many of the PGs have signed. I'm betting they are waiting for the LMA shoe to drop because many of them would probably love a chance to start on a possible contending team.