1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets interested in Rodney Stuckey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 26, 2015.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I think you guys severely undermine Stuckey. I believe players play better with our lax style of play, and Stuckey has had great games last year.

I think his career could be really revived here. Would be great guard help. Can score, shoot, and create to a lesser extent.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

He should better than Terry and Prig.

Well, who isn't?

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Put up solid numbers as a back-up in Indiana...really good fantasy player, and by that I mean he can get you 15,5,5 almost any night.

4. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Is this going to be another situation where we miss out on a guard while waiting for a pipe dream? :confused:

I don't know much about Stuckey, but the Rockets need some NBA caliber guards on this team who aren't either completely one-dimensional or over 37. I'd love to have Bev back as a backup, but it wouldn't surprise me to see someone massively overpay for him and the Rockets not match.

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

No sf, pf, c, changes

Add Stucky/beverly/johnson

get a better sg back up than terry and i can live with that.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No contracts for Bev can be considered overpay when you have DeMarre Carroll getting paid as much as James Harden.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

How is stuckey defensively?

8. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

[HTMLhttp://8points9seconds.com/2015/04/30/rodney-stuckey-indiana-pacers-review-2014-15/][/HTML]

soild player

9. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Stuckey would definitely be an upgrade to Terry/Prigioni off the bench.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd absolutely take Stuckey. Solid player.

12. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

If Decker pans out adding one solid guard like Stucky would probably be enough.

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

we getting 50 cent?!

14. chandlerbang21

I would get this guy ASAP but we know morey likes to wait until stars make decisions regardless of current team needs

15. mightybosstone

If Houston can't add Lawson, Bledsoe or Collison via trade, then adding Stuckey and re-signing Beverley would be a solid backup plan. Stuckey can create for himself, is a decent ball-handler and would immediately become the Rockets best sixth man option. And he actually became a competent 3-point shooter last season, shooting 39 percent beyond the arc. Stuckey won't make the Rockets exponentially better. But he could round out the rotation nicely.

16. chandlerbang21

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Stucky is exactly the type of player they need. He isn't the best at what he does, but he is a score first PG off the bench, exactly what we need

18. chandlerbang21

he can create his own shot, Hit the midrange and off screens and he has great ball handling. If we can get him for decent rate we should. Rockets have the worst PG situation in the west

19. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

a career average of 13 3 and 3 with 1 steal a game isn't bad especially if he will most likely be a backup Im all in for Rodney Stuck if its for a backup

20. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I tihnk it absolutely depends on Stuckey's ability to create high quality shots or opportunities. That was what we really missed last season with the departure of Lin and Parsons. Harden really carried our offense last year and if we dont take off some of the load this year, we're probably not advancing any further in the playoffs.