1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Pau Gasol and Trevor Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 29, 2014.

1. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

The best part of this scenario is trading DMo for Kevin Love, and (magically?) having him back on the team as a backup to Howard and Love. Durrell Mori is a freaking warlock.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Considering how disappointed I was with Ariza's previous stint with the Rockets, I don't think I want him back. I would pass, unless we have to get the guy in order to make a deal happen netting us Love, Milsap, or another player in that ballpark, and Ariza seems to be the best option out there to replace Chandler, if Parsons was required in that deal, and/or if the Wizards are involved in a multi-team trade (unlikely). And I don't want to lose Chandler.

Does anyone who watched Ariza during his season with the Rocks really want him back? He's apt to lose that 3 point stroke right after signing his new deal. Fair warning, people. Plus, the guy has an ego not backed up by his play, in my humble opinion. Not for the bread he's going to want.

1 person likes this.
  3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I dont know if I will be able to watch him play for the Rockets again. I just HATE him. He was the Black Lin when he was with us.

1 person likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wow Deckard, I thought you would have known that Ariza's role here was manufactured by the front office and not by his own ego.

The Rockets wanted to turn him into a star not him. They made him a number one option and it failed. He's the 3rd option in DC and has been great. He didn't fit in NOLA.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I recall all of that. I also recall not liking the guy.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I hated him when he was here, but that was mostly because he was forced into a high usage offensive role.

As a dedicated three and D guy, I would love to have him back.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza was the definition of a jack when he was here, but as stated that was due to the green light management gave wanting to see his upside/square peg round hole deal. He does have an attitude, but I believe it was exponentially multiplied with the role he was forced into.
    Great perimeter D, fantastic player/shooter when he's playing IN THE FLOW...not forcing it....He'd be perfect for what we're lining up. I just wonder what kind of $$$ we're taking about. With this guy, it's all about him knowing hi role and having the right pieces around him.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would really like to get Ariza (as long as he plays close to as well as he did last year), but I DO NOT want Gasol (and I don't think Dwight does either).

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In new CBA, how does base-year work in an SnT (and considering that CP's cap hold is @3m, yes?).

All that has been reported, that I've seen anyway, is that a trade is in place to move Lin without taking back any $s.

I believe there has been a long standing 'understanding' of what Parson's contract framework will be. I assume that for him to agree to an SnT the acquiring team would have to blow that number out of the park (4/40 now perhaps v 4/60 in Minny???).

I am not advocating Chandler's exodus, nor anticipating it. I think Saunders is sending out messaging to GSW that they'll move in this direction if Thompson is not included (and I have to wonder if KT would agree to an extension as part of a Love deal???).

Thanks, as always, for your knowledge. (You probably even KNOW Doc Rocket, just sayin'...)

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yep, I completely forgot about Parsons being a BYC guy.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That's funny! I absolutely did not see that. But your write, that would prove Morey is a magician!

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd be way more excited about Gasol if it wasn't so shaky during the one year experiment in LA.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Ariza was a disappointment in his first stint but he and the Rockets wanted him to be someone he couldn't be; first option go to scorer. When it became clear that Ariza would never be that type of player, it was just a confusing time. Ariza still wanted the shots but the team was going in another direction.

I would think this time around roles will be more defined. With Harden, Howard and Love being the top 3 guys, Ariza turns into a very good role player a la his Laker days.

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Yet Morey's been showing interest in him for years. He's slow, old, injury prone & whines when he doesn't get his way (not to mention his defense smh). He does absolutely nothing for our championship hopes. Would totally mess up the chemistry on this team

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Actually Dwight and Gasol worked out great when they had the floor together, especially when Kobe got injured. It was only shaky because of Kobe and D'antonis' iffy offensive sets.

16. bmd

bmd Member

This just looks right:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

yup, we are interested in everybody!

18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Meh. Photoshop skills could use a little bit of polish.

19. basketballholic

A signing of Pau would MOST LIKELY be an effort to add an asset that Minny would trade Love for at the deadline.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Ariza is a contract year player. One year deal or no deal.

No thanks.