1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested in Eric Gordon? (ESPN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Feb 14, 2013.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Injury is indeed a concern. But position imo is not. Both EGO and Harden can handle the rock, ditto play off the ball. That would be a TRUE DYNAMIC backcourt...

2. TheSource

TheSource Member

nothing else i dont ask alot because i dont want to be a nosey but he said he will keep me updated but we will see

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well who am I to disagree with TheSource who has a friend that works with the Rockets?

4. Orange

Orange Member

I think they should bring Gordon off the bench to take all the backup pg and sg minutes and close at sf.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I agree with Dobro, seems like the most likely move is to line up a deal for Gordon then start shopping him to third teams to get a guy that really fits. Gordon might be a better long term fit alongside Lillard than LMA because of age, for instance.

6. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

gordon pg , trade lin

7. Nook

Nook Member

No it wouldnt. Gordon has in the past been a well above average defender, and Lin is at worst adequate. Harden has guarded SF's in the past and has done well.... It isnt as far fetched as it seems..... especially if all the SG and PG minutes are used by Gordon/Lin/Harden and then 20 minutes at SF for Harden.

8. Anxiety Trooper

That actually be my preference. Ego can play better off the ball then Lin and he can handle pg alongside harden

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seems to make sense, but I wouldn't rule out anybody in this case. Could be Love or Cousins too with their respective teams.

Also, they really dont HAVE TO take back an all-star calliber player in a 3 team deal involving Gordon. Could be looking at acquiring draft picks/young talent. Who knows.

Involving Gordon in a 3 team deal just opens up so many possibilities that are hard to predict... which is why he's the perfect player for Morey to go after in this case to upgrade the Rockets. Nobody can pull a "WTF did that come from" trade out of their hat better than Morey.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Gordon/Lillard is going to make the Blazers worst off...at least within the next 5 years. LMA is only 27 years old...no way is Portland swapping LMA for Gordon.

11. Anxiety Trooper

Lin & parsons for EGo? I'd do that deal

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd be tempted. Just getting rid of Lin's contract would be hard on its own.

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lin to Pelicans...Lob City#2 with Davis.:grin:

14. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

I get out of class and see this. Dafuq?

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ditto. My thoughts exactly.

Someone earlier in the thread ridiculously said a healthy Gordon isn't far off from a healthy Harden. Um... no, he is. On a per36 basis he's Gordon has maxed out at 21.5 points, 4.2 assists, 2.9 boards, with his best shooting efficiency year being his first at 59.3%. Harden has maxed out on a per36 basis at 24.6 points, 5.3 assists, 5.1 rebounds, and has a TS% of above 59.3% for every year of his career except his rookie year. Nevermind the fact that Gordon's TS% this year is only 53%, that he also turns the ball over a lot (like Harden), isn't as good a thief (steals), and with both as true SGs, Gordon is clearly undersized whereas James is perfectly sized if not a bit oversized.

Finally, if you have to give up Parsons to get Gordon, you're freaking nuts.

And he's not cheap... though not a crazy max player. Actually that's the only thing that makes sense about trading for (and keeping) Gordon. He's a max player in the new max sense - he isn't a Dwight Howard max type player, which would be $20 million+ a year. And if I'm Morey, I'd love for my Big [X] to all be younger guys who max out under the new CBA. That gives you more cap flexibility and the ability to add more of those guys.

But you prefer it to be Kevin Love, or Aldridge. Guys who you would definitely give up a Parsons for.

That being the case, my proposal is some variant of the below:

[​IMG]

Rockets get Kevin Love for Parsons, Patterson, Terrence Jones and Cole

TWovles lose Kevin Love and Derrick Williams, but also get rid of Ridnour who isn't ridiculously overpaid but they don't really need ont he books next year to help them resign Pekovich, and get Eric Gordon to run alongside Rubio and Patterson/Jones to fill in at PF, and a free look at Aminu. Their starting 5 next year could be Rubio, Gordon, Kirilenko, Patterson, Pekovich... they probably lose the most in this trade though so maybe the Hornets and/or Rockets send a draft pick their way

The Hornets lose Gordon and Aminu, but get Parsons, Williams a cheap backup in Ridnour and Cole expires.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We are talking about the GM who managed to trade Trevor Ariza, made the team better, and became much more financially flexible.

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

All three sound pretty stupid.

Dallas has Mayo, who has been their most consistent player all season and the organization has said a few time publicly that they aren't taking back any player with salary commitments past 2014. We have Harden and it would make no sense for us to add another max contract at the same postion. And GS just got rid of a similar player in Ellis in order to make room for Klay Thomas who is with no doubt their SG of the future. How can a reporter write stuff like this when it's obviously not based in any fact?

18. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I think Lin's a good fit in NO. But why would they want him? They've got Greivis.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That sounds like the opposite of common sense. Common sense would be that they're not terribly interested in Gordon, but if they were going to do it, they'd expect it'd cost 1 and probably 2 of Parsons/Lin/Asik to get it done.

Even without Lin, I still think he's redundant.

20. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

That'd be epic. Starting Lin, Gordon, Harden, Anderson, and Asik. We'd have to give up someone we love like Parsons but that team would be pretty scary.