1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested in Eric Gordon? (ESPN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Feb 14, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Folks, folks, folks....

There are many reasons why the Rockets would respond with this answer about their involvement in a potential Eric Gordon trade.

When Morey calls Dell Demps and inquires about the availability of Eric Gordon it doesn't necessarily mean anything about the Rockets actually wanting to acquire him, but mainly to USE HIM AS A MAJOR PIECE TO A TRADE.

IMO The Rockets using Gordon in a 3 team trade makes a ton of sense.

If someone from the Rockets was asked why they were rumoured to be interested in Gordon it would unwise of them to respond by saying "we only want to use him as a piece in a 3 team trade." It would open up a bag of worms, and could put off the team looking to trade with the Rockets & Hornets from working with Houston.

-Another alternative reason could be that they do not want to involve names of players they might potentially be moving in the deal. Mainly Jeremy Lin. If Jeremy Lin's name came up in a trade rumour it would be a Media nightmare.

I think this is unlikely that they would trade Lin for Gordon and run the backcourt of Harden/Gordon(could actually work in this system), but you can see how its safer for them not to suggest a need to upgrade the PG position for PR purposes. Shuffling around the SF/PF positon is much less of a attention getter from a media standpoint.

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The only way I can even imagine us doing this would be to flip Gordon for someone else. Maybe Gortat and a 1st round draft pick or something. Even then I wouldn't do it.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Given that Doc Rocket called it a week ago, I guess there's something to it. But, it doesn't make much sense to me. I don't see that we have the pieces to trade for him, and he's injury-prone, and he's redundant with Harden.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Harden at least fits the average SF measurements....

----------------------------------------------------------------
    James Harden
    6'5.25 | 6'10.75 wingspan | 8'7.5 standing reach | 37 max vert

Average SF measurements
    6'5.03 | 6'10.03 wingspan | 8'7.9 standing reach | 34 max vert
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

EGO to Atlanta?

J Smoove to Houston?

Picks + Young Talent to NO?

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Who will guard Durant and LeBron? Lol

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Harden does not need to be playing the 3. His lack of defense is why. We need a 3 that plays good defense. Unless Harden comes back next year playing like Kobe did in his prime then that would work.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Even despite the injury risks, I'd prefer to stand pat on a move of this nature in order to preserve cap space to go after Dwight/Bynum this summer.

But like others have already mentioned: if there's truth to this it could involve other teams with Gordon or other pieces perhaps moving elsewhere.

9. TheSource

TheSource Member

i have a friend thats has works with the rockets and he said he listens all the time and he just texted me saying " Rockets are actually intrested in gordon but the word around here is they would have to give up parsons if they wanted get gordon but morey seems like he is not to thrilled giving up parsons"

imo dont trade for him go after a chris paul or dwight howard in the off-season or even wait till 2014 and get lebron lol

10. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member

Eric Gordon is far too injury prone.... Mcgrady 2.0 new and not really improved

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

No, it should look more like this...

PG=6'3"
    SG=6'3"
    SF=6'5"
    PF=7'0" ... with D-Mo starting.
    C=7'0"

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That looks like the deal I was thinking. Eric Gordon is a pretty intriguing player to alot of teams so it could be pretty much any team without an all-star SG.

13. BeardlyBeardman

Watch I can do this too Brousard:

Sources say Rockets have expressed interested in aquiring Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, and Eric Gordon. They envision pairing one of these players with James Harden in some fashion.

Or:

Teams inquiring about Eric Gordon include ___insert teams with cap room and assets__ .

^It looks like news but it's actually just a common sense statement that has a 4,000% chance of being true. Why wouldn't they be inquiring about guys who were likely to be on the way out?

Man I need that job. Too easy.
    /snore

1 person likes this.
  14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

O rly?!

15. TheSource

TheSource Member

yes he said he just hear things but dont get your hopes up the deal most likely wont happen

16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Not if we trade Lin. See dobro1229's post above...

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Injury prone and plays SG.

No me gusta.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Hopefully you're aware that not many people (including myself) will believe you, but now I'm interested. What else did your "friend" say?

19. CertifiedTroll

Sadly, would rather pay max for j smith than ego.

20. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Dislike

Gordon is a glass ballerina