1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested in Eric Gordon? (ESPN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Feb 14, 2013.

1. jimbo0488

jimbo0488 Member

I know Eric Gordon is a starting caliber player but he could be like our Manu Ginobli or last year's James Harden.

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

This guy is ALWAYS!! injured..

4. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Mitch and Chris could play off the ball. Plus, Mitch was a heckuva post up player. Lin, Harden, and Gordon share a greater percentage of redundancies.

5. Asian Sensation

Start Gordon and Harden in the back court and bring Lin off the bench. It doesn't matter who brings the ball up since Harden usually goes to work from the top of the key anyways in the half-court sets. When we're running it won't make much of a difference either since both Gordon and Harden can handle the ball and with Parsons at the 3 we will be in great shape since he can handle the rock as well. The great thing about Gordon and Harden is that they both play bigger than they actually are. Gordon is only 6'3 but he plays like a guy that's 6'5 and Harden at 6'5 plays and looks like he's actually 6'7.

If we went small and went with a lineup of Lin, Gordon, Harden, Parsons and Ppat we'd be very hard to stop in transition and that's 5 guys that can all knock down the 3. We'd be the closest thing to the run and gun Suns with better defense.

The addition of Gordon would make us that much better.

6. pnr

pnr Member

^ Disagree. Gordon is as ball dominant as Harden. The Rockets would need 3 balls. We need to upgrade the PF position and add a defense stud to that position. We don't need to score more points people. The defense sucks and is what is losing us games.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If a move of this nature wipes out our flexibility for this summer then no thanks.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL I REALLY hope anybody who would take Eric Gordon with open arms weren't the one's bashing Howard/Bynum for injury concerns...

I'd take him, but I would obviously much rather have Dwight or Bynum. Size would be a huge negative on our team.

1 person likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And so......would our plan be to win games with scores of 145-140? LOL #HighOctane

10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

You don`t say no to stars, so I would be happy if we got him - but he is pretty far down my list. Often injured and plays the same position as Harden... I´d hate to give up Parsons and Asik for him, but like I said, you don`t say no to stars...

11. Jayrod25

Jayrod25 Member

Can someone explain this ego thing plz lol

12. izeroi

izeroi Member

Agreed. Bury this rumor and move on.

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Last time I checked. We play small ball a lot

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

parsons at 4:grin:

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Is Doc Rocket Chris Broussard?

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Makes sense. 2 stars. That's what we've been after.

The problem is that he's having a bad season, which might make it easier to nab him.

17. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

Eric GOrdon

18. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Yeah I agree to point, but they go in route these players have learn play off ball. Not sure if they can do it efficiently, but I thumbs down on making this move. Anyways it's a blueprint to look at.

Also should Rocket have Lin work his postup during offseason? He tends to have size & weight advantage at his position. Serious couldn't he post Isiah Thomas (5' 9") in Sac game? I'm pro taking advantage in-games miss-matches.

19. moose

moose Member

If we can somehow snag Ryan Anderson along with EGO, I am down with this.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Uhhhh.....James Harden?