1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

...When healthy.

I love Bogut, and would love to have him on the ROCKETS. But the when healthy issue is really scary.

In saying that, at the right price, I would take Bogut, but still love to have Martin as his complementary player.

2. cod

cod Member

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I agree. It's much better to be interested in nobody.

1 person likes this.
  4. anchel

anchel Member

I see more likely to make a deal with Milwaukee for Bogut than to agree with LA for Pau. Martin fits very well for them, plus Morey would be getting Jackson's contract. Martin + expirings for example it would be a good pack for them and for us.

We acquire a franchise center without giving up our franchise PG, and we release $10 millions in the summer where Harden, Josh Smith or Derozan go out to the market.

And we're also helping us indirectly by helping the Bucks to overtake the Knicks this season. Imagine that they end making the playoffs and you get an 8-9th pick. You need a new wing scorer? Lamb, Beal.

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Appears you didn't get the point of my comment, let me spell it out for you. I think Morey's staff releases a lot of these rumors for purposes of maintaining a certain level of interest in the team. Fans eat this stuff up, don't know if there is a correlation with sales, but given the staff, they would use such a tool if there were to be any material gain.

6. rockets11champs

Well Morey might be trying to get this lineup:
    Bogut
    Pau
    Parsons
    Lee
    Dragic

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Dats a nice lineup but how long is bogut out right now

8. rockets11champs

On espn it says it is likley he misses rest of the season

9. rockets11champs

I would trade for him when he's healthy or 100 percent buy right now I would t

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Pass no way especially if they want Martin dey been wanting 2pat since we drafted him but Martin and 2pat 4 a guy who won't see da floor this year no way pass

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

if you want to trade for bogut, now is the perfect time. his value can't get any lower than this.

12. rockets11champs

You do have a point, but bucks will be selling as high as they can

13. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

We don't need another injury-prone center. Come on guys. He on average plays like 50-60 games a season. And the one lockout year he can't even play that. What a failure!

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

When bogut is healthy, he is the second best center in the nba. I would take him in a heartbeat.

15. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I'd take Bogut over Gasol anyday. This would be a great trade for us. Even injury plagued, Bogut contributes more to the game than Gasol does. Hell, I'd even take Okafur over Gasol

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

2nd best no way d12 and Bynum bogut top 3 or 5 yea when healthy

17. MONON

MONON Member

That's me. I do that every time I take a leak.:)

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

so I'm guessing that were done going after kaman so were trying to get bogut

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets are wasting time going after Bogut who will most likely be injured a good portion of next season anyway. Key phrase, injury prone. They should focus on swinging trades for Kaman and Josh Smith.

20. Garner

Garner Member

Bogut and Jackson's value couldn't be lower right now, i would happily move some pieces to make this happen.

I think the Kaman deal is always going to be there, like the Dalembert signing was. If all else fails; we get Kaman.