1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Exactly, and Boguts injuries have been freak things - broken arm, fractured ankle (that didnt require surgery)... its not like he's blown out a knee or has no acl...

2. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

If...and it’s a big if...Bogut (for Martin, Patterson, fillers) remained healthy and we were still able to swing the deal for Gasol (for Scola, Lowry?), how would you feel about our frontcourt in that scenario? Thoughts?

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

We wouldn't be in the playoffs this year and I'd be upset.

I'd be happy to get in on a three-team deal sending Bogut to another, I don't want him for the Rockets at the deadline.

4. thekad

thekad Member

^No.

Why was Bogut playing so bad this year before the injury? 11 points per game on 45FG%. Rebounding took a significant drop, too.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Bogut and Skiles were butting heads... also why SJax wants out... I'd rather gamble on a 27 yr old Bogut at 12M, than a 31 yr old Pau at 18.7M

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe we would be flipping Bogut to Orlando as part of the trade for Dwight, but keeping SJax to go with Courtney Lee as part of our growing "Friends of Dwight Collection." (which would be a complete set if we could somehow trade Scola and Patterson for Josh Smith)

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/stephen-jackson-doesnt-see-a-future-in-milwaukee/

After the game, Jackson said he would love to join the Magic and play alongside his good friend Dwight Howard. ‘I would love to [play in Orlando],’ Jackson said. ‘Dwight has said a couple of times that he wants me to be with him. When you get a compliment like that from a big man like Dwight, it means a lot.’”

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7yyao9u

Houston receives:
    Dwight Howard
    Stephen Jackson
    Daniel Orton (from Orlando)
    DeAndre Liggins (from Orlando)
    Justin Harper (from Orlando)

Milwaukee receives:
    Kevin Martin
    Samuel Dalembert

Orlando receives:
    Andrew Bogut
    Goran Dragic
    Marcus Morris
    Terrence Williams
    NY 1st round 2012 pick (from Houston)
    Draft rights to DMo (from Houston)

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

We're talking about bogut with the broken leg right? Lol.

Pass

9. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

as much as i like Andrew Bogut's game, i hope we dont give up a lot to get him IF those rumors are true ... injuries scares me, i dont want a Yao 2.0 ... but for a fair price i'm all for taking the risk

10. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I would love to have bogut on the rockets...love his game! I think the rockets should pounce on him if the price isn't too much..I know he has lot of injuries but he is more than worth the risk...Martin was thought injury prone before he came, bogut will be same way here...I think when healthy he is a 3rd best center in league..contract is nice also...pick him up rockets!

11. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Another injury prone player who gets every freaky injury there is and suffer through a saga of 'what if' again ?? No way!

12. Spooner

Spooner Member

You know who had a series of freak accidents before we traded for him? Kevin Martin. He was "injury prone" in Sacramento. I feel the same way about Bogut. He broke his arm(definition of freak accident) and his ankle(not badly). His legs are fine.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not really the main issue anyway. The problem is any trade for Bogut right now kills our chances at the playoffs because of what we'd have to give up. This is not, contrary to popular belief, a good thing, and I don't think Morey will go for it. He wants to make a trade which helps us now and in the future. Not just the future.

I think we'll take a flier and lowball Milwaukee, other teams will outbid us, and that will be that. Unless, like I said, we get involved in a three-team trade where some other team gets Bogut.

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why is it not a good thing if we don't make the playoffs besides the money we will have to pay for the player we draft?

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Aren't the Rockets always interested in everyone but end up with nothing, it seems to be a common theme with Morey. Then again I don't think the Rockets have been in this position since I became a Rockets fan.....no superstars and only one player with real potential.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Because I'd rather spend trade assets adding core players like Howard, D-Will, Gasol, or others, and make a run at a championship, or at least try to get past the first round.

Even if we only have a small chance and would have to upset people in the playoffs to make it, I'd rather watch us try than get another #14 draft pick. We already have more question-mark youngs than we know what to do with anyway. We can't even play our first rounder any minutes, let alone Llull or Motiejunas who are killing it in Europe.

Frankly I don't give a sh** about another back-end lottery pick. I want to see my Rockets in the postseason again.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So if we can't get a Gasol, Howard, or DWill you'd just rather hang on to players like Scola/Martin instead of possibly getting two young players that could help us in the future? Getting Bogut and missing the playoffs and then getting a player like Meyers Leonard at pick 14 could do wonders for the future of our front court.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

There are lots of options besides the names I mentioned. I'm okay with getting young guys even, as long as they're worth the cost and can actually play this season.

The "can actually play this season" part is kind of important here.

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That's an incredibly short sighted way to view things. Passing up on a top 5 center in this league when healthy because he won't help you get the 8th seed is not a smart move. It's even worse if the main trading piece is a player like Martin who hurts the team just as much as he helps it these days.