1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Something is gonna happen 2 day

3. cod

cod Member

They don't want SJax or to wait on the Bucks. So the Rockets are trading for a wing player/s?

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Doubtful much will happen today. Most deals will come tommorrow on through Thursday. Teams have a set timeline of contingencies built around what will happen with Dwight. If nothing happens, like it looks like is going to happen, then teams will wait it out to see. Some small deals might start trickling in tomorrow, but then on Thursday a sea of small deals will all happen at once.

5. arjun

arjun Member

The Rockets have been informing teams that they're backing away from a potential deal for Bogut to pursue other avenues. It's a tactic they've used before, such as prior to the 2010 deal that sent Tracy McGrady to New York. But one person familiar with Houston's strategy said the Rockets don't want to jeopardize other deals while they wait for a decision from the Bucks. A trade for Bogut would be complicated because the Bucks would have to find a landing spot for Stephen Jackson and the $10 million he is owed next season.

Per Ken Berger
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...cob-nixes-monta-deal-new-dwight-list-revealed

6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have to wonder what other plans does Morey have in store if he were to land Bogut. You would assume they would be taking back Stephen Jackson as well. That will surely put them out of the FA market unless Scola and Lowry are traded as well.

7. dobro1229

Like I thought earlier this weekend, The Bucks are attatching Stephen Jackson to any deal for Bogut. I thought the Rockets might be willing to take him on but I guess I was wrong. I think with this year being so difficult on the lockeroom with alot of drama, they decided its not a good idea to give McHale a heart attack in his first year as the Rockets head coach.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bogut is a better interior defender/shot blocker and on offense is just as good and a much better passer.just 18 months ago most pundits had bogut almost on level footing as Dwight before that freak accident. Bogut next season will be in beat mode again.

9. dobro1229

Since the package was centered around Dalembert + Lee as previously reported, you would have to think that the package involved for getting Gasol which was Scola/Martin/Dragic+picks(or young talent) is still in play since none of the players in that deal were mentioned.

As to what other deals they are pursuing... who knows. That might just be smoke and mirrors but you would have to believe they are still making runs as Omer Asik while bating Courtney Lee, and still talking to New Orleans about Kaman. Those two other deals are no-brainers if they can pull it off without including their trade pieces in the Gasol deal.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Josh smith!!!!

11. arjun

arjun Member

Agreed, I see the Rockets trying to bring on a front court of Bogut/Gasol next season to pair along with Parsons and Lowry. Not sure who would play the SG, perhaps a nice solid draft pick from knicks pick?

12. arjun

arjun Member

Bogut/Gasol/Lowry

Only a Kobe Bryant away from a champsionship..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jk..not a bad place to start. Would def need some draft picks to take huge steps inorder to be contenders.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bogut is one of the best defensive centers in the league. He's about to hit is prime years, so it would be an absolute franchise-changing trade. This would be a huge step in the right direction.

I would just add that it is becoming clear that some teams, like Atlanta, prefer to wait till the offseason, around draft time, to make a deal (given the shortened season). If the trade market shrinks before the deadline, my advice to Morey would be to try and aquire as many draft picks as possible, and then make a draft night deal. The only player that really has to be traded before the deadline is Dragic. This is not to say that we don't badly need to make drastic changes to the roster before next season.

14. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was under the impression that Martin would also be going to the Bucks as well. I wouldn't be totally against Jackson coming here if they could somehow land Gasol. Gasol and Bogut is a tall front court along with Parsons at the Three. As someone mention above, not having a SG will be an issue.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Morey is going to go all out.

15. arjun

arjun Member

about to hit his prime? if he can stay healthy..

hasn't played a 70 game season since 2007-2008. only played 33 games in 2008-2009, severely hurt at the end of 09-10...and out for all of this season after only playing 12 games.

yes, his injuries have been "freak" injuries (for the most part). but after yao/tmac era..i think our franchise should have learned our lesson with these injured superstars...(bogut cant even be called a superstar in my opinon)

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This is what I am thinking. Forget about Howard and Deron. They aren't coming here! But there is a possibility with Josh Smith. Throw in ZaZa and maybe a pick for Scola, Morris, Lee and a couple of picks and we might have a deal.

17. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I totally get what you're saying, but Bogut IMO is a player you take a risk on. I don't plan on the Rockets making some noise this year for the playoffs. I think Morey is basically setting this up for next year. Just my thoughts.

18. cod

cod Member

Not really, the Hornets wanted that package of players.

The Bucks needs are at C. They already have Gooden, Ilyasova, Mbah a Moute, and Leuer at PF. When they small ball Dunleavy plays at PF too.

At PG they have depth with Udrih who wants more minutes. Jennings, Udrih, Delfino, Dunleavy, and Livingston can all handle playmaking duties so that role/position isn't a need at all.

They could do with another shooter and that's why CLee was in it.

19. HorneR

HorneR Member

I disagree, when healthy Bogut/Gasol would be the best front court in the NBA, hands down. Don't see how this would be any different than the expected result from the nixed trade, a trade many said would put us in contention.

If anything a Bogut/Gasol combo would be BETTER than a NeNe/Gasol pairing. Maybe not offensively, but certainly defensively. Now sure, obviously adding an All-World SG would help, but imo, would hardly be necessary. A solid perimeter shooter would suffice, and they're a dime a dozen in this league.

20. arjun

arjun Member

I agree..Morey is setting this up for next year.

If we get Bogut, I'm happy. We lose cap room, but getting Bogut for Dalembert/Lee is a steal.

The problem is...if Bogut continues to get hurt..then paying him 14 mil till 2014...hurts big time.