1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The White Yao Ming, sort of. No thanks.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Posted this one to the Random Ideas thread:

bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6685504&postcount=2686

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

4. Redtilldeath

Redtilldeath Member

I'll take a flier

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And we can't forget the open "Constantly injured, but shows just enough talent to be Dumb enough to take a Flier on the Dude" slot. It's finally empty.

Besides, I've always wanted to say, "Don't Bogut that joint, my friend!" when referring to a Rocket.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, we could take him back instead of Udrih I guess. I prefer Udrih though. On the other hand, SJax is friends with Howard so maybe that would help convince him to stick around :p

8. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

If the Rockets traded for Bogut, it would not include Kevin Martin.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm feeling nauseous, just thinking about the idea that everything Daryl Morey has worked so hard to build would be swapped for someone who has had worse injuries at a younger age than when Yao Ming broke down.

Even more sickening is the people who think this somehow makes us a great team.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Howard apparently has friends all across the league. Every deal talked about seems to have a component that includes "friend of Howard."

1 person likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I would take Jax, as long as the rest of the trade works. Jax has only 1 year left on the contract after this one.

12. thejav

thejav Member

Have I ever told u the defintion of insanity??

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Very true. However, one guy has a rep for playing lockdown defense, the other, not so much.

I'm not saying Jackson fully is worth his contract, he isn't terrible. Especially if he came with Bogut. I wonder if we could keep Dalembert, and send Kaman over to the Bucs. Or, trade for Kaman and send Dalembert to the Bucs. That way we stay competitive this year.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't they need a center who is actually capable of playing. No more Mingishness!!!

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hmm, from what I see this might be a good option for the Rox if they want to go into tanking mode just for 1 year.

Houston gets: Bogut, SJAX, Ilyasova
    Milwaukee gets: Dalembert, kmart, Patterson

Why Milwaukee does it:

1) Gets them a serviceable Defensive center on the cheap who is healthy.
    2) Exchanges Locker room cancer Sjax for an efficient scoring machine who would complement Jennings' clutch play and EMbah a Moute's all star Defense.
    3) Patterson is a young stud, pure and simple, and would give them a promising big-small combo in Jennings and P-pat.

Why Houston does it:
    1) Losing the Dalembeast and getting Bogut would leave us with no center for this season, ensuring our 9th ranking. Hello lottery pick #1.
    2) Taking out the cancer and giving Milwaukee 3 solid players would probably do wonders for the Bucks and put them in the playoffs, ahead of Linsanity and NYC. Hello lottery pick#2.
    3) Ilyasova is a young stud and we have the capspace next year to resign him.

The trick would be to shut down Bogut for the whole season, claiming that he needs the time off to recover and ensure his full recovery next year. I'm not a fan of tanking in general since I don't like waiting 3+ years to see results, however the payoff in this scenario is too tempting IMHO. I'd really wish a trade like this happens.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

This appeals.

17. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

Not that y'all care, but chase budinger just retweeted me. Yuhhhh

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I was thinkin either KMart/Thabeet/JHill for Bogut/SJax...
    that way bucks get to test drive 2 young centers and decide if they wanna offer a contract in offseason...

or KMart/Sam for Bogut/SJax...
    then Kamen for the pupu platter of their choice: Bud/Thabeet/JHill/TWill/Flynn/Minn 2nd...

19. cod

cod Member

That actually works for the Rockets.

With a healthy Bogut they finally have true defensive anchor at C and a big man with a great passing game. If he's injured the Rockets can truly tank.

Bogut's contract also expires at the right time, ie when the new tax is in place.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Unfortunately, you can't really do any better than Bogut. I mean, look at the other big men around the league.

Injury-riddled old big man Tyson Chandler signed for near max
    Injury-prone decent semi-big man Nene signed for 10+ mil/yr.
    Injury-riddled Andrew Bynum listed as almost untouchable by the Lakers
    15/10 Marc Gasol is an all-star. 13/9 Roy Hibbert is an all-star. For reference, 20 years ago the backup centers in the all-star game were Hakeem Olajuwon and Patrick Ewing.

You know something? If the Rockets can get an injury-riddled prime Yao Ming, they'd probably give up half the team for the guy. The market is different these days than in the past.