1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets intend to sign Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 30, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dude needs to get work at the 24 hour mcD with @swyyyguy. Swayygay can keep flipping the burgers for Chow Key. He needs mass.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good luck saying this to Chris Paul!

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Don't need to say this to Chris Paul because he is the best mid range shooter in the game and makes them at 50%+ rate. If Zhou Qi can prove he can do the same he would be allowed to shoot those too. Misnomer that Rockets don't like players who take the mid range shot, they just don't like people who can't make them at a high rate taking them.(which is most players)

6. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

btw, this is the play they're talking about.

TheMystery008 and TexAg713 like this.
  7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I like that shot. I assume they know what they have, but they could have one of the greatest mid range jumper shooting big men like dirk if they develop him. The problem is they wouldn't know it if they never took the time to develop it. Think about what would happen to Chris Paul's game if he were a rocket since he got drafted.

I'm not saying he's going to shoot like the next Dirk, but if you just assume that he cant right off the bat then he never has a chance to be

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol I don't love that but wtv I guess it works.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think you're not understanding the concept as a whole. Qi needs to work on his inside game and 3pt shot. The midrange is a lesser priority. A very good mid range shooter is not as valuable as a good 3pt shooter.

Now if Qi was an elite mid range shooter, they would have seen that in his CBA numbers and in practices. The fact that he made a couple doesn't mean he's amazing. So even if he has the potential to be an amazing mid range shooter, it should not come at the cost of his focusing on improving the more critical components of his game.

Developing into a great mid range shooter is a luxury nowadays. Qi is already 23 I believe, we don't have time for him to excel at a secondary skill when his primary skills are not up to scratch yet. If his inside/out game is booming after his first season, then you can start thinking about it. For the time being, I'm with Rogers. Take 2 steps back and give us a chance at 3 points.

10. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

well he does have this move

[​IMG]

only once every blue moon he pulls this out though. and haven't seen him try when folks really body him up.

11. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

You guys have like literally 4 million people... won't make economic sense unless we can get sheep to buy some rockets gear

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

If a possession gets to the point where we need him to take that shot, with Harden and Paul on the court, we're already ****ed.

RollingWave likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

^^^ that shot with his 18-foot standing reach would be sick if he could hit it consistently.

14. threepointshot3

l really hope this kid works out because you cant teach 7'2 .He seems pretty agile to so maybe in a few years down the road he can be a contributer

tinman and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  15. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

He's not an elite shooter from what i've seen, mostly it's because guys don't challenge him . and also he has the good sense that when he's not hitting shots he stop taking them. (so he's not a gunner. )

they need to develop him to shoot 3 for sure and they are. the bigger problem though is that if he's your main big on the floor you really don't want him in the corner because of defense. even if he's faster than most bigs he's not going to out run guards down who starts from the top of the arc to get back. that's why you either want him at top of arc or low post . but hitting top of the arc 3 is harder. the good news is he's shown flashes of being a solid facilitator. and also, he's a big threat driving down hill already if he can get some separation.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm all about they zoo Chee hype train.

He has the tools to be really good.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can he handle the alleyoops from Chris Paul ?

RollingWave likes this.
  18. Asian Sensation

Bruh is 7'2 and he's not even being guarded. Who's he fading away from?

pr0wler and pippendagimp like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a half fade away....he realized what you said and he stopped it mid motion and did not even jump on the move.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member