1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Injury Philosophy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CincyRocket, Dec 7, 2014.

1. CincyRocket

CincyRocket Member

Two questions about Rockets Injuries:

1) Are the Rockets intentionally obtuse and non-specific about player injuries/timelines specifically because of a Belichik-like Morey directive?

My theory is that Morey explicitly tells players and coaches to be obscure about injury status etc... (while staying within league rules) so other teams will not be able to leverage any potential Rockets injury situations.

I guess I don't mind the strategy (if its true), but it is a bit painful as a fan to not know whats going on with your team (i.e. last year with Asik, Yao era, McGrady, etc...). I have never closely followed another franchise that was so frustrating about injury news.

2) Should we pull a Popovich and sit Harden & Terry versus Golden State Wed?

Personally I would sit anybody who is not dying for minutes in this game and take the loss. I realize it is an in-conference game, but we have proven in the first 20 games that we are in this for the long haul. We need to get our team some rest on the first night of a back2back. This is how I would sheepishly dish out the minutes:

PG Nick Johnson 35 min/ PatBev 13 minutes
    SG Troy Daniels 35 min/ Ariza 13 min
    SF Garcia 38 min (is he even playing)/ Ariza 10 min
    PF Clint Capela 35 min/Dmo 13 min
    C Black 24 min/ Dorsey 24 min

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

If Howard is ready to go and Hardens back is still acting up, I would sit him for the back 2 back and let him get some extra rest in. He has earned it

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

We need Dwight to play next game and allow Harden a day off.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If you're gonna sit Harden, might as well sit Dwight too. Cause we ain't winning without Harden lol.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Nah, Perfect Game for Dwight too get in shape

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Am I the only petty person who REALLY wants to break the Warriors' streak? If both Harden & Dwight can go, let em go. I'd rather trot out the reserves in SAC the next night, esp. since Boogie will be out.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ghost_of_Akeem

Like everything else in the NBA, its mostly about money.

If they tell fans the truth that Dwight and Jones will be out for 3 months then it can effect ticket sales, or at the very least it can effect the value of those tickets. So, its better to keep the fans in the dark and screw over the ticket buyers.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

THIS. Thank you, KQT.

9. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Fighting to make the playoffs in a tough conference, wouldn't you rather play the stars and take the free win vs Sacramento rather than risk losing both games?

10. baubo

baubo Member

The Rockets are non-specific because they honestly don't know. Dwight's not shutting down so his injury is probably not serious. But if he's still feeling pain, then he should not play. No one can just predict when the pain goes away.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Sure, that's the logical POV. But the fan in me wants us to crush GSW so that national media would be forced to acknowledge this squad.

12. Ghost_of_Akeem

I want us to beat Golden State because I like seeing the team win. I don't really care what the media says about this team, tbh.

Every time the media throws us a bone we end up playing horribly the next few games.

13. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Perfect.