1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in the Rumor Mill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AXG, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Moving Bonzi for Sweetney doesnt help us. Davis might have been more appealing before we got Tsack.

I think right now our front court is fine. Ideally a backup PG would be what we are looking for. Soooo, if we are 3rd or 4th team in a trade that had Minny sending Mike James here as a salary dump..then fine. ;)

2. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Maybe Bonzi for Sweetney but there is no way that davis is anywhere near as good as bonzi. If it were me I wouldn't do any of those trades.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

These ideas make no sense with perhaps the exception of being a third team in a trade as long as we don't give up much for a good backup PG. We should not be giving away Bonzi for junk.

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

We don't need Davis now that we've got Big Jake. And I can't believe that Scott Skiles would want Bonzi. But even if he did, Sweetney is garbage. He's like Oliver Miller - waste of talent.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

puff, puff, pass!

6. McGradyFTW

McGradyFTW Member

[​IMG]

7. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I guess all the GMs have no respect for CD. These are some of the most lopsided trades I have EVER seen against us. I guess after the Stromile,Derek Anderson, and Mike James debacles other GMs have decided to jump up at every chance to rob CD.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Word.....

9. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

If we could get Duhon for Bonzi, that would be the best trade idea I've heard, but I have no reason to believe that could happen. Duhon can play the 1 or 2, has a high basketball IQ, and is the consumate team player and pro. He would fit our team perfectly, IMHO.

10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

That boy is BIG

11. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Can we stop with the mike james back to houston rumors...tired of hearing them, if he wanted to play here he would have chosen houston during the offseason!!! What makes you think he wouold have a good attitude about returning here via trade. We have no room for those kind of egotistic players on this team. Not to mention he lost his starting job to a rookie who came out of perhaps the weakest draft in the past 20 years.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sweetney?

Did the addition of Big Jake means that we need his ****** to balance the team plane?

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I can see Bonzi traded. I cannot see Bonzi given away.

14. McGradyFTW

McGradyFTW Member

THANK YOU!

I think some of you people are blinded by the '05 playoff run. Remember that was the year we DIDN'T win a playoff series, and everyone acts like we almost won a ring...

15. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

1st rounder, jl3+ sura + bonzi for billups?

16. saleem

I don't wish to be rude but Joe D would probably cuss at CD if he heard that.

17. tmega21

tmega21 Rookie

CD is highly respected by other GM's in the league, read an article a few weeks back in SI talking about he is one of the few GM's not scared to make a move and actually earns his paycheck. Just to clear it up, swift and DA were FA signings and we gave up Reece Gaines and a 2nd rounder for Mike James, not exactly my definition of getting fleeced. CD has consistently made more good deals than bad, I wish I could see the Rockets lineup if we made all the trades guys around here proposed.

18. tmega21

tmega21 Rookie

Don't see them makin the deal but they could be scared he's going to walk at the end of the year as all signs have indicated.

19. saleem

The Pistons could get a good sign and trade for Billups and it's quite possible that they may be able to resign him. The Rockets don't have the goods to get him.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

8.5 points and 6 boards a game. in 20 minutes.... ill take sweetney... im sure with some PT he can return to his old self.