1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in talk with league about DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chance, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Agree lol

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

He says that others said...that sometimes, when he can improve his team he does...i mean, come on...that guy is terrible regardless. Even if he's really saying the truth (i mean, his truth), he really looks out of place and dumb as ****.

The Morris twins shouldn't have trusted McDonough...Pierce shouldn't have trusted Ainge...Splitter shouldn't have trusted Buford...Wade shouldn't have trusted Riley...Bogut shouldn't have trusted Myers when he was send to Salt Lake City if Dwight would've sign with the Warriors...Collison shouldn't have trusted the Kings (lol)... just saying...a gm does what's best for his team, and this happens everywhere.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Damn, lawsuit filed already? I think the Rockets managed the situation poorly, but if they have a clear reason not to pass his physical then they won't be held to any damages.

They should have just found a way to do the physical under the table for D-Mo's protection. The problem is the entire situation was difficult to work with.

lol, this guy mentioned Chandler Parsons and his asset statement. Lol, look at Parsons since he left the Rockets. Asset management worked.

4. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

He's not listed anymore in the Rocket.com's Team Roster site. :(

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Who is the other tool on this clip? Highly biased, and clearly ill-informed, yet making bold statements about how bad it is.

What it sounds like to me is the Rockets matched the Nets offer, only those incentives which he would make easily at NJ would not be so easy to make here. There were also issues with various clauses. Sounds like typical contract negotiations going on, which always look ugly when they are public.

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Oh, so clearly no bias there, right? Sounds an awful lot like 'sauces said'.....

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure the accusations are unfair and harsh but one thing is true the Rockets could just let him go to the Nets because they got little use for him this season any way.

Match the offer just for the reason it was a good contract?

They tried to trade him for God's sake and it did not work.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Do y'all remember that one time when D-Mo was listed as a DNP this season? Never forget the good times!

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

How can a lawsuit happen when the CBA allows you to only match the base salary?

heypartner and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Was it possible for the Rockets to request a physical from DMo prior to matching the Nets offer? Because I know the Nets had DMo in for a physical prior to their contract offering.

Because now this is becoming comical.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Travis Johnson is such a ****ing tool! lol

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

But why should they do that? Just to do a favor to another team? If they think D.Mo can at least help us a bit this season, that alone is enough to justify them. The fact that it was a perfect contract was another plus.

Also, players are always talked in trade scenarios and plenty of times stuff don't work in the end, acting like the Rockets are the only team which talk about and trade their players is really silly imo.

14. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Referring to Joel Blanks radio show, he says a number of times that the Rockets were taking away $6 milllion of incentives, that were easily attainable. He says that him and Dmo texted back and forth. How much was lost in translation? I think this is Joel's way of trying to make himself relevant, when he is not. Travis Johnson is misinformed at best.

Batman Jones and topfive like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not any player. He is fighting for his career.

I have been an avid critic of Dmo's rebounding and lack of blocking but I am pro Dmo on this.

If Dmo tells the media, he trusts in Morey and wants to play for the Rockets, then so be it.

He is a human being, so start treating him like one, Mauri.

Otherwise I think he wants out.

Think about it, Vivi, the longer this drags out, it won't be good for either of them, neither the Rockets nor RFA Dmo......

Talking about bad reputation...... that is all.

basketballholic likes this.
  16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

LOL @ this situation. Just have to laugh at this point.

heypartner likes this.
  17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I respect your opinion but don't agree with you saying the rockets have little use for him this season. Down the stretch they could really use him and will need a versatile big like DMO. He is a 7 foot Boris Diaw type of player and would be crazy effective at the elbow, the rockets currently don't have a Big like him.

glenadyll likes this.
  18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I wonder what's going to happen on the next episode of "Keeping Up with Donatas Motiejunas"

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It's pretty naive for a professional athlete, who is not a superstar, to think there is a chance he won't be traded. It is a part of the business. You are being compensated millions to play a game. Get over it.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If DMo's health was such an issue, they never should have invoked the restricted status. They can't get any value out of him if he can't pass a physical. Meanwhile, they destroy his market value with other teams. And, most unforgivably, they're jerking around their own fanbase. They should have cut him loose at the end of last season and spared us all this pointless crap.

daywalker02 likes this.