1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in draft lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

FINALLY!!!! After months of playing ESPN LOTTERY MACHINE, i got the Rockets picking Evan Turner at #2!!! I can,t believe on draft lottery day, i finally got the Rockets in the top three!! Wish i knew how to paste or whatever to show but i don't. Still, now i am excited!! :grin: :eek: :grin:

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow. Even thats a .5% chance :confused:

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I assumed when they said 7:30, they meant EST, which of course makes it 6:30 our time.

4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Wow, man I was clicking on that thing forever trying to get us out of that 14th spot. Never could get it to happen. hahaha Toronto moved up to #2 twice, I thought that might be a good thing for us in the Bosh quest.

5. Raven

Raven Member

They already know before the cards are flipped, right? I'll be watching to see if Aaron is smiling before the draft order is announced.
    :)

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

so...you're saying there's still a chance...

7. RocketMania1991

Can't judge it by his smile.

A smile means we might have lost and John Wall isn't taking over the point position.

A frown means we did win.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. Zfan

Zfan Member

I'm on the other side of the earth. But a draft with almost 99% sure it's a 14th pick is so exciting to me that I can't sleep and wait for the draft. Even the GM of the team will not watch it live. Shxt. I think I'm really sick.

10. Rockets87

Rockets87 Member

Is Donatas Motiejunas a good player, I don't follow the NCAA basketball, so I figured I would ask here. Jonathon at the chron has us drafting Daniel Orton from Kentucky, but like I said, not sure whose good in the draft. Any info would be appreciated.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Do the representatives know? "They" know, but who is they? I recall that there are some representatives who watch the actual ping pong balls, but is it the same as the person on stage??

Who knows?

As an aside, I'm not a math major, but I keep hearing about how they have approximately a 1.8% chance of landing a top 3 pick, which I guess adds the probabilities of landing the #1, #2 or #3 picks. But is that how it would work, probabilistically? Or would their chance of landing a top 3 pick simply be, at most, their chance of landing the #3 pick, which is what, 0.59% or something like that? That is, mathematically, is it additive? Cause each pick is drawn separately....

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Got a feeling that the Jazz will get #1.

13. uchlha

uchlha Member

hes an international player not ncaa player

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

Took me 24 tries to get the Rockets in the top 3 in mock lotto. I HAVE FAITH IN THE BALLS TONIGHT.

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Everybody has faith in their balls all the time,.

16. ashiin

ashiin Member

Sometimes I lose faith in mine...

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Got Rockets into 1st place!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If the rockets get a top 3 pick, we do not need a talk for getting James, just getting Bosh could be enough. Perhaps James will ask Morey to come to Houston if we get a top 3 pick.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Guys, c'mon. We've got a 2% chance of moving up. That's not even worth watching the lotto for.

20. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

i just played the lottery game on espn and the rockets got the 2nd pick!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.