1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Hot Topic Question #3: Who Will Lead The Team In Scoring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacBeth, Oct 4, 2003.

?

Who will be the Rockets leading scorer this season?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2003.
  1. Steve Francis

205 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Cuttino Mobley

11 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Yao Ming

169 vote(s)
    43.3%
  4. Current Rocket not named ( please identify)

3 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. Player yet to be acquired.

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. GocartMozart

GocartMozart Contributing Member

I expect them to be very close together in terms of scoring average. After watching Yao's passes to Cato for easy layups, I think Yao will be 2nd on the team in assists. I think we are in BIG trouble if either Yao or Steve cares which of them leads the team in scoring. On any given night, the leading scorer should be whichever of the two of them is getting the easier shots and making them, with Cat leading on occasion and every so often somebody else who lights it up that night.

2. lovethisgametoo

Rockets home page on NBA posts this exact same poll right now, that Yao is leading. Interesting.

3. djunior

djunior Member

In the preseason, Yao lead the team in scoring & rebounding and of course, fieldgoal accuracy: 20 points, 9 boards, 65% FG leading the NBA.

Stevie on the other hand shoots at his usual 44% from the field, same as last season.

So folks, whose shots is more likely to fall into the basket? I think even baby school kids know the answer.