1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets History: Scottie Pippen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree it was everybody's fault, but the leaders of the team should not let that happen. If they realize the team is tossing bricks then drop 63 points on them and go down gunz blazin!

yes pippen set the wheels of doom in motion.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I can understand wanting to smack Bobby Flay but why in creation would you want to punch a nun (and a nun who's up for sainthood) in the face? Don't understand James Cameron either but OK. As for wanting to punch Jerry Jones, I'm afraid that you are in a VERY long line...

#42 HillBoy, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

I've met Flay and Jerry Jones.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy and yao did go out blazing. remember that 3rd quarter stretch him and yao took basically all the shots in trying to come back and we cut it to an 11 pt lead. but EVENTUALLY, someone else has to step up.

u should know that.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

man that game was terrible. well shaq and kobe they aren't.

somehow Pat Riley figured out the Mavs, by sending Dwade to the rack on every single play.

6. t_mac1

yea if we had the refs that officiated that series, we would have swept the mavs.

7. theprotege

theprotege Member

I remember why he didnt perform....we didnt have MJ

8. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Don't forget that the refs allow whats his name, finley to step out of bounce to only allow a play to stay alive which change the outcome of one of those games.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

to be fair, tracy started the game 1-7 and finished 10-26. he did have that hot streak in the 3rd quarter. yao was great the whole game.

I think a comparison to MJ is unfair, for a few reasons. First, clearly McGrady is no Jordan. As amazing as Lebron is, he's no Jordan, yet, but imo he is the closest thing since. And I know people like to say Kobe is the more clutch of teh two, but it is more than just that last second play, it is literally elevating your game for the entire playoffs, which Lebron has done and Jordan did a degree never seen.

See Jordan's game by game stats: http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/game_by_game.htm

But beyond that, Jordan also never really did any more with a team as bad as that Rocket's squad as T-Mac/Yao did. Seriously, look at those "role" players again. I mean, it would have still been pathetic even if Juwan Howard stayed healthy that year, but without him....our PF's were Scott Padgett and Ryan Bowen!

Or, it could have been that was a really good Heat team, too. Shaq, Haslem, Payton/Williams, James Posey, Mourning. I'll agree that it still seems the Mavs were the better team "on paper", but it's not like Wade took this year's Heat to the Finals or something...

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

To answer one of your questions...

Pippen was a bad fit... His style of play did not fit Rudy's format..

Pippen, came from a system where the focus was on movement and cutting... Rudy's system was based on a inside out game and Pippen did not fit that style.

Now Pippen is a no-class individual and he's getting his payback right now.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I know that Maxwell spend most of his money, but Pippen got paid a ridiculous amount of money. How in the world did that guy go broke?

Here's something in not in the stat book. Remember his nickname "No Tippin Pippen?"

I've heard stories of Barkley buying everybody in the bar drinks and tipping big time.

12. t_mac1

do you see his wife? for a dude as ugly as he is, he gotta spend to keep that wife in check. :p

13. towW

towW Member

on NBA Showtime he was the shiz.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why we have to rehash the whole Pippen thing. I mean, he didn't actually play a real season for us anyway, it was that junk season that should not have counted. I mean, the freakin Knicks made it to the finals as an 8 seed.

When we got Pippen, everyone loved the acquisition, including me. It was so exciting. I, along with everyone else, thought that he'd more then make up for Clyde's departure.

What happened was that Scottie Pippen wanted to play his way and his way only. He didn't respect Barkley, he didn't respect Rudy, and he didn't fit in. He was brought here to be a leader, and when he couldn't do it, he turned toxic.

Maxwell and Pippen are from the same school. They are both true cancers. They put themselves first.

Maxwell couldn't ever buy into the team concept. He went into the stands and punched a fan - he put his personal issues ahead of the team. He carried a gun in his glove compartment, argued with the coach, and FAKED and injury.

In my mind, what Maxwell did was more injurous then Pippen. Maxwell was a Houston Rocket who betrayed us. Scottie Pippen was a hired mercenary who betrayed us.

Maxwell is like having your close brother stab you in the back. Scottie Pippen is just the guy who thought was a friend who you just met, but turned out to be a slimeball after a few months.

1 person likes this.
  15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Well as sad as it's kept, most of the stories about Pippen are true....

The guy wouldn't even Tip you some advice....

But as it stated.. What goes on in the dark will soon come to light

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

...I thought Pippen got traded cuz Barkley beat his ass all the way to Portland??? The mindset by the front office must have been, "well damn, Pippen got his ass kicked all the way to Portland....let him stay there!"

17. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

whos was pippen? :rolleyes:

18. tinman

Supporting Member

nope Barkley stayed and he even stayed through rebuilding. He should have left but he thought his presence was good to mentor Steve Francis and the rest of the young team.

Then when he blew out his knee, he wanted to play one more game or play just so he can end his career on a higher note.

Chuck was great.

19. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I remember Charles Barkley took a pay cut in order for the Rockets to get pippen here.

20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

I thought that title was already worn by Tracy McGrady....