1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. traveler

traveler Member

no

No it isn't and Smith allows us to keep a lot of assets. Give them Lin as they need a PG badly and Lin in the east is a hotshot PG. Detroit would have a strong front and back court and we have our 4 problems solved.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wow...I remember when we were ragging on Detroit for signing him to it...

Josh Smith would be awesome, but I don't think anyone likes his 3 guaranteed years.

3. traveler

traveler Member

yes

Yeah that 3 years can be bad but as a PF he can be worth 12 million. If he can show he is a top PF we should be able to get a nice trade for him in a year or two when a better target comes around. In a couple of years his contract will be reasonable.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Glad to see more people warming up to Josh Smith. Rockets need to get rights to Spencer Dinwiddie too in that deal.

Now all we need to do is convince Morey.

5. traveler

traveler Member

yes

He is one of the best defenders in the NBA. With Howard and Beverley we would have top defense from basket to perimeter. The Aldridges and Duncans, etc stop destroying us.

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Worst possible scenario I can think of still results in a significantly better team through Asik/Lin created cap room plus exceptions and still being in a great position to trade for this season or sign a superstar next summer.

7. HTM

HTM Member

[​IMG]

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Rather have Parsons for 20m than Smith for 14m. If we're going to lock ourselves way over the cap with a mediocre 3rd best player, I'd rather a 25 year old Parsons who has gotten better every year than an almost 30 year old Smith who has shown us through 10 NBA seasons that he will not do the things which will make him a key cog for his team. Last thing we need is him worsening our 3pt% and FT% simultaneously. For what? For a defensive improvement? I'll take our chances at the 4 with an improved team defense and a more experienced T Jones.

All those little things you're thinking like "if only he cut down on this" or "maybe McHale can motivate him" or "playing with people he likes" or "he has to know his role" or "he just needs to be on a winning team". All those excuses came and went. Fans hoped. Organizations tried. Same thing you're thinking and hoping. Same advantages he had before. Josh Smith is still the ****ty inefficient player he has always been, even after all this experience. Don't want us to be locked into that for 3 years when we can easily use two TPE's to get two decent hard working smart players.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL people still talking about Josh Smith? He's closer to being out of the league entirely than he is to being a starting caliber player.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe not, but honestly does you personally find any of Anderson, Ilyasova or Young to be better players then Smith? I don't.

Parsons, Harden and most likely Howard will be here for the next 3+ years anyways, were not going to be getting cap space anytime soon and Howard is aging and needs to win NOW.

Go hard for Bosh or try to trade for love plan A

Go hard for Rondo or Smith(on the cheap) plan B

Go after Ilyasova, Anderson, Young + bench upgrades plan C

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bull****.

The day a player 28 year 6 foot 9 player averaging 16.5 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assist, 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks, who is a freak athlete that can play exceptional defensive falls out the league is the day i'll stop watching basketball.

12. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Bosh isn't an idiot. He is not walking out on 90 million. He will sign by Saturday.

Then the dominos fall. We clean house except Jones and Daniels.
    We sign Jameer Nelson to MLE and Birdman to Bi annual.
    SIGN METTA WORLD PEACE to Vet Min. He loves houston. Houston loves him.

We literally need no one else after that.

Bev/Nelson
    Harden/Daniels
    Parsons/World Peace
    Bosh/Jones
    Howard/Bird

13. NotChandlerParsons

Do you guys even think Josh Smith is up for grabs? Will depend on what they do with Monroe but I think he will remain in Detroit.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He averages 16 points on 16 shots, his WS/48 was .020....worse than anyone who played more than spot minutes on the Rockets. Him being on the court is a strong net negative for any offense. He probably has the lowest BBIQ of any player in the NBA in the last decade. He's a 26% 3 point shooter and he takes more than 3 per game. He's a complete head case and has been considered a terrible player in the locker room.

Athleticism isn't everything and that's literally all he has to offer.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm would think they would rather keep Monroe and move Smith out since they aren't close to winning and Smith is 4-5 years older then Monroe.

But I don't follow the Pistons, it's possible they keep him.

16. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

This.

17. NotChandlerParsons

Eh, I'm not really high on Josh Smith and don't think we should trade for him, but he would start at PF and play a lot of small ball center here. His worst tendencies are encouraged on the current Detroit team, his best would be encouraged over here.

18. do work son

do work son Member

cleveland and gsw have better packes for love than we do. neither rondo or smith can shoot whatsoever. i don't necessarily mind them, it's just not something i would do.

ersan has never been healthy, just posted his worst shooting season ever from 3 (went from 44-45 to 28%).
    ryan anderson is coming off neck surgery and makes like 8 million.

19. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

josh smith is not what the rockets need...we need high iq players..this guy jacks up 3s and barely makes any..the only way i see it working out with him playing in houston is if he starts slashing to the rim more and improves his outside shot bcuz other than tht he is a beast defensively

20. do work son

do work son Member

take it back, i want no parts of josh smith

[​IMG]