1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

If LBJ leaves Miami that means they'll have $22M in cap space freed up. Wade will likely take a 4 year 55 mil deal which might free up another 8 or so this year.

They can sign Bosh to the max, AND add another guy like Bledsoe or Lance Stephenson and round out the roster with a solid starter like Isaiah Thomas.

Since Houston can't give Bosh the most money compared to Miami, Bosh would have to want to come down here to play with H&H as the sell point.

2. dje243

dje243 Member

"Oh crap he just signed! What do we do Milord?!" "Engage the fools in sign and trade talks. They won't be able to resist."

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was wondering at what age will he stop being 'Donnie'

Rocket River

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if LeBron leaves Wade knows they have no shot at winning a ring so why would he take such a huge discount (after opting out of a 2/42 mill deal) to not be able to win it at all? At that point if LeBron leaves I am sure Wade will ask for something close to a 4 year max

5. Remii

Remii Member

Either that or Pat Riley may feel he can add someone else with Bosh since Wade is playing on a cheaper contact like Dirk and Duncan. Can't assume that a GM like Pat Riley will operate like Morey. But if LeBron leaves and Miami offers Bosh a max contract _ it's a possibility he will stay and put his faith in Pat Riley over being in Texas where he really doesn't want to be and putting his faith in Morey and McHale. It's still an easier path in the east than it is in the west. Miami would still probably be a playoff team without LeBron.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Unlikely. The sign and trade doesn't help unless it's after Bosh signs. They will wait for I that and just won't send the offer sheet.

7. betterhomesbytj

I had a dream last night Lebron is staying in Miami! :(

But then I was trying to convince him to go to Cleveland

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

LeBron was making around $19m I thought, not $22. Bledsoe or Lance are not coming to Miami for $6m a year.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most people would think being "the man" on a 30 win team wouldn't be awesome, but hey, it's what Melo is likely going to do so maybe Bosh wants to go that route too

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

12. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Morey is just talking S&T to delay the offer sheet

13. basketballholic

My question is at what point do we turn back to a pursuit of Kevin Love????

1. We're going to have to ditch everybody to add Chris Bosh by free agent signing.

2. If we work a sign-and-trade for Bosh, we get hard-capped and we lose assets (at least a pick) to get a sign-and-trade done...in addition to the pick and assets we have to give away to clear Lin out.

What better offer is Minnesota going to get other than Lin + the Pelies pick + whatever pick we were going to have to move with Lin + another pick + their choice of DMO and/or Jones and/or Covington while subtracting Martin and Budinger with Love?

Minny could then flip Lin for either Ilyasova (without a pick) or Young (probably without a pick) or Jeff Green (probably without a pick) and go get Gasol. Or Minnesota could simply play Lin/Budinger at the 2 guard alongside Rubio until the trade deadline, then flip him for another asset (pick and expiring) at the deadline.

Minnesota apparently is balking about trading Love to Cleveland because
    1. CLE ain't turning loose of Wiggins
    and
    2. The picks Cleveland has to offer (Miami's pick and Memphis' pick) are no better value than the Pelies' pick.

By trading Love to Houston and getting that Pelies' pick Minnesota can almost assure themselves of a #4 through #14 pick in 2015. Bennett isn't going to help them win in 2014. Waiters possibly could help them. But how much he could help them better than Lin is questionable and debatable at the very least.

For the life of me, I don't see how Minnesota is going to get more value than what we can give them in a Love trade. Jones/DMo/Covington give them more parts to execute other trades to add potential starters/rotation players.

I just don't understand what Minnesota is waiting for here.

14. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

So no decision today?

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

They are waiting on Lebron. If he doesn't go to Cleveland, I don't see the Cavs making the deal.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

At the point when Minnesota sees LeBron going back to Miami and realize their dreams of Wiggins disappears?

Either LeBron signs with Cleveland, in which case Cleveland can easily trump everyone else's offer with Wiggins, or LeBron goes back to Miami, at which point the Rockets need their Plan whatever and that probably involve Love.

17. basketballholic

The Cavs aren't making the deal even if they get Lebron. Lebron wants to play with Wiggins. Minnesota wants Wiggins. The trade between Minnesota and CLE is essentially dead unless CLE relents and includes Wiggins. They're not going to do that.

So Minny ain't waiting on Lebron.

Minny is waiting on a better deal and it simply ain't out there. But Pau is still out there. And Minny could have him. And in the process of having Pau....and Rubio....they could have Marc next summer....or perhaps earlier.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

How do we know Clevland will trade Wiggins for Love or that LeBron even wants to play with Love. We don't even know if Love would even want to go to Cleveland.

19. basketballholic

See my post above. Not happening. Lebron wants to play with Wiggins. CLE simply ain't trading him...period.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

reportedly love would sign an extension if lebron went there